Search results

1. W

Belt squeak under load

Check the rubber boots (gaiters) on the steering rank for damage. The noise could be from leaky bellows during operation of the steering.
  2. W

Belt squeak under load

I had the same problem. When the alternator freewheel bearing goes, the engine sounds like a steam engine when idling. I tried the rebuild route. Replacing the rear bearing, slip ring and the carbon brushes on the voltage regulator. This was all straight forward. On these Valeo alternators'...
  3. W

w169 door card and lock removal

Try this first......... How to remove door card, first 3 minutes.....
  4. W

Correct part number

Enter full vin and navigate the catalogue https://www.ilcats.ru/mercedes&language=en/
  5. W

Factory ground point?

See red arrow
  6. W

Front washer jets 07 w169

I would also clean the tank and filter. To stop any further scaling, use deionised water when making up your screen wash.
  7. W

W169 pulleys

The original was ribbed. I replaced the the whole assembly with INA (534 0338 10). It is says it's for v-ribbed belt, but I think all three pulleys were smooth. The noise settled down once the new belt 'bedded' in. Your A150: 534 0431 10 - without stop-start function 534 0446 10 - with...
  8. W

Front washer jets 07 w169

Pull the jets with pair of pliers and run without the jets to clear any debris. The jets fit only one way. Clean the jets..........
  9. W

Engine Oil Sludge on a brand new 2018 c220d! HELP

We moan and groan, but the yearly MOT keeps us on our toes. However, with a new car there's no pressure for 3 years.
  10. W

B-Class W245 2.0 CDI Noise

Is the noise present with AC on or off?
  11. W

A few W169 questions (HELP!)

Very nice David, the reverse camera would have clinched the deal :D
  12. W

Head Unit Replaced by Comand UK

You can get the 'chinesium' oem direct replacement. I have the Erisin in my w245.
  13. W

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Replaced rear brake pads on a W213 E220.
  14. W

iCarsoft MBii Software & Review

What you pay is what you get. Many things I don't like about it but I can't justify for an Autel or Xentry. Like any diagnostic tool, an experienced professional will get the most out from iCarsoft than a novice. In data section of Engine control unit, there are various sections to help you...
  15. W

Front Brake Pads for W204 CDI

Brembo or Textar.
  16. W

Advice on brake pads

Merc pads are TRW. I would get high carbon 'coated' discs so the hub area stays free from rust.
  17. W

Thoughts on this?

Merc is suited in sliver, gun-metal grey and black.
  18. W

Washer Jet Part Number and Instructions wanted

I tried pulling them out with a pair long nose pliers without much success until I found info on another forum. You position the nozzle horizontal and unclip from one side. I can't recall which side but doesn't require much force to pry them out. They are slotted in the washer jet housing so you...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom