Search results

1. R

U0046 error code

Thanks again. Would that reader identify a faulty module/component? I bought a similar one previously but returned it as it wasn’t much better than the £20 one I already had.
  2. R

U0046 error code

Thanks for your reply. It’s a very basic reader that doesn’t display anything apart from that quoted. It disappeared for a few days and is now back together with very strange tyre pressure readings and warning light. The tyre pressures are shown as soon as the ignition is turned on so...
  3. R

U0046 error code

After a few months of warning light free driving my 2014 W205 has reverted to form and is now showing the light and error code U0046 which has the generic description Vehicle Communication Bus C. There was a lot of surface water on the roads on the day this popped up, not enough to immerse...
  4. R

Steering rack tension adjustment

Thanks for this info. Is the cap tool specific to Mercedes or would a BMW one do the job - I might be able to get one of those sooner.
  5. R

That’s interesting, thank you. What does the kit do, and is it an easy diy job (I’ve no access to a ramp).
  6. R

Hello, 2014 W205 with a loud rattle from the front end when going over uneven surfaces. Drop links have been replaced and two garages have checked over suspension and concluded nothing is worn. A good Indy has diagnosed a steering rack fault. This has been confirmed by another garage...
  7. R

C250 hesitant acceleration

New torque converter fitted by Avantgarde. Problem solved and car is like a rocket again. Thanks all for the advice and to Steve for getting it sorted.
  8. R

Steve, Thanks for your input. I've looked at the MB agility documentation and can confirm it's ok to be done by an independent. The car needs new pads and discs all around too. I'll give you a call shortly.
  9. R

That's what I feared, but the car is in a contract plan and I don't want any problems in six months time when the plan expires. Tbh, I'm not clear on what's permissible re non-MB work on PCP CARS. Of course, spending a few £k to sort a lousy transmission on a relatively low mileage car...
  10. R

Ok, thanks. It's booked into MB in a couple of weeks time, I was just hoping to get a handle on the likely costs.
  11. R

Thanks. I have the Xentry printout, what should I look for?
  12. R

Thanks. Looks like you're right. Had the codes read, it showed P278300 - friction power of the torque converter is too high, also U012200- communication with control unit 'traction system' has a malfunction'. Any idea what might cause these?
Top Bottom