Search results

1. zedmeister

C63 Delayed gear change

I think there is a program on star to test the gearbox. Best to do that first. You say that servicing is up to date but how long ago and how many miles ago was the gearbox serviced? A lot of places just don't do the gearbox. Is it also delaying with the paddle shift?
  2. zedmeister

W205/S205 2019 facelift Comand issues

Update: it didn't help and the issue is still there. Any ideas guys?
  3. zedmeister

Yesterday I fully charged the battery and kept the car disconnected while I did, to force a hard reset on the navigation system. I'll see if it helps.
  4. zedmeister

I'm having some issues with my NTG5.5 system. Its just developed a new fault. The navigation shows me on a road, but when I make a turning, it still thinks I'm going straight on the original road! Then after quite a bit, it may jump to the correct location, until I make a turning again. The...
  5. zedmeister

No push start button ?

I have 2019 C220d and it has only keyless start. I think all the entry level mercs come with keyless start only. You have to get premium or premium plus to get keyless entry.
  6. zedmeister

No push start button ?

There is a big difference between keyless go and keyless entry. The ones that can be stolen easily have keyless entry. The signal is picked up remotely using a computer and then the car is unlocked. It can also be driven away as the laptop forms the key so the car thinks the key is present. If...
  7. zedmeister

R230 SL55 central locking radio receiver amplifier

Just looking through the whole post, it does look like it's the right one, and accessed without taking the dash out. There is a lot of interesting info in the post so maybe a good idea to read through it all again. Good luck and let us know if you sorted it in the end!
  8. zedmeister

Help needed with my W124 engine

Is that for HFM? You can smell the richness, it's running rich! I'll be changing the plugs anyway as a previous owner may have fitted resistor type.
  9. zedmeister

How much of a 96 M111.960 engine is vacuum controlled? I thought it was mainly the older ones like 230E, etc and not the newer ones? The error codes are pointing to the throttle (a well known issue) and o2 sensor I think?
  10. zedmeister

Actually, I don't know if I read the correct page of the manual. I used page 45 of the manual but there are HFM codes on page 22 as well????? Help! If its page 22, then the blinks mean: 8 (011) Engine idle speed contact Throttle valve position too large 13 (015) Throttle valve potentiometer...
  11. zedmeister

I have the codes from the engine and need some help from you guys to work out what to do next. I have the following blink codes from socket 8 (HFM): 8 blinks, 13 blinks and 20 blinks. These translate to: 008 P1132 Oxygen sensor (G3/2) circuit "rich" stop 013 P1138 Oxygen sensor (G3/1)...
  12. zedmeister

And the fuse goes on the test cable I presume?
  13. zedmeister

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed reply! I'll knock one up and give it a go and also look at the wiring. Thanks again!
  14. zedmeister

Just had a look and my car has the old 16 pin connector - the one with 4 pins to one side, etc. What can be read on one of those? Is it compatible with anything?
  15. zedmeister

I already have an iCarsoft. I realise that you are talking about carsoft but is there any way I can connect my unit via an adapter?
  16. zedmeister

What type of connector do I have on the w124 and what kind of data would I get if I spent £200 on the carsoft kit? Would it give me specific fault codes for items or more general information?

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom