Search results

1. C

Finally A FIX for W211 (722.6 box) cold engine stall when switching to D or R from P

Thanks James for your reply. Sorry that you decided to get rid of the car. It seems to me it was a very sensible decision as the approach suggested by the garage to troubleshoot the transmission spelled potentially big investement ahead. I found the "Shudder Stop"concept very interesting. I...
  2. C

Finally A FIX for W211 (722.6 box) cold engine stall when switching to D or R from P

Hi James, Sorry not be able to provide a "proof of concept" or rather a "proof of solution" here, as I have not yet implemented the SONNAX KIT to my Mercedes TC. However, I think I understand what the solution, found empirically by Wayne Russell, of Russell Auto Inc. in Manchester, N.H, is...
  3. C

Hi James, I did a thorough search on this issue and one thing I know for sure I would not do is replace the TC with a "standard" unit. Many owners were fed up with this very annoying issue and tried everything, including TC replacement, spending big money to no avail. I found a local TC repair...
  4. C

Hi Ivan, First of all no need to apologise for "reopening" this discussion no matter how "old" the thread might be. I have not got installed the Sonnax kit yet. I had planned to get it done in January but, due to the Covid-19 pandemic travel restrictions, I did not get to use my car much...
  5. C

Proud owner of a 2005 Mercedes Benz E220CDI

Thanks to all for your welcome messages and humor :). Yes it was almost 14 years ago when I got the car. It was originally a leased company car that I have driven from day one until now. This is my classic car and I have performed all timely maintenance at MB dealerships. It has served me...
  6. C

Thanks Doug1234. This Sonnax article that you share is the one that I had come across with when searching for a solution to the engine stall. That is actually the first one that I included in my post above. First and second included in my post are actually the 2 parts of said article published...
  7. C

Several threads in MBO (and elsewhere) have dealt with this “mysterious issue”. These MBO threads were interrupted in 2010 without (that I am aware of) the problem being identified and solved. I own a 2005 Mercedes E220CDI with 230.000 km on it that is suffering from this very same cold stall...
  8. C

What disconnects the transmission when you are in park?

I own a Mercedes E220CDI with 230.000 kms on it suffering from this very same cold stall issue for the last 6 months. Apologies for posting here as this is a really old thread but I am not aware if the cold stalling issue was ever resolved. I have some new information about a supposedly proven...
  9. C

Proud owner of a 2005 Mercedes Benz E220CDI

My Mercedes has 230.000 kms on it. Has been with me since November 2005.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom