Search results

1. R

How common is the "exploding" panoramic roof problem?

You are right. It's very American dominated. Probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway. Are the US mercs built totally separate for that of Europe? Anyway the near perfect car was far from it. In person it was a cats scratching post even had a crack in the front bumper. They actually must...
  2. R

Interesting! I do love them I also think they just keep getting bigger too. I've found a link here to a UK one but the majority on line did seem to be US based. Maybe I'm being a little OTT! There's even YouTube videos of CCTV of it happening sat on a driveway...
  3. R

Hi guys seen an almost perfect w205 but it has a panoramic roof! I know to most that's a good thing but I've read so many reports of them shattering and "exploding" law suits in the US etc it's really put me off! I'm aware it's not a merc specific problem but it's something I'm not sure I want...
  4. R

What does tyre pressure "inoperative" actually mean

Thanks for the replies all
  5. R

E call and SOS button. Are they free?

Hi all Looking at w205 c class and would like the slightly later model with the ecall and SOS button, believe this sends an emergency call if airbags go off? Also see there are other buttons next to the sos which I assume connect to MB? As I'd be looking at an older model 2014/2015 is this all...
  6. R

When you say resetting, do you mean this is possible by the user? Or via MB? Surely if for example the collision assist says inoperative, you think it may be possible to reset back to a working state? Thanks!
  7. R

Thanks all. Interesting. That's a couple now I've seen with inoperative systems! I wonder if these systems fail alot or are just to expensive to put right!
  8. R

Hi all As some may know I'm in the market for a used w205. Upon looking at a couple I'm seeing various things in the menu that day "inoperative" stupid question but what does this actually mean? Ie type pressure monitor inoperative, collision prevention assist inoperative? Have the owners...
  9. R

C class Front bumper differences

Great ill do some enquiring thanks for your help
  10. R

Thanks again for the replies and info. Seems a bit later would be an advantage. I'll admit my budget is pretty tight so I'm looking at higher than average mileage. I love the idea of buying from MB but even a first model 14 is about 3k more than from anywhere else! I know it would be ideal but...
  11. R

Hi Ernie. That does help alot thank you. You certainly seem to know your stuff about the C Class. I'm only hunting for one at the minute. Each time I find something new on on newer models I want the next model year. But I have to cap the budget somewhere! Interesting about the module free of...
  12. R

Thanks Ernie. That's v interesting to read. I'll take a look and see what I can find then. You mention the seats with electrical control, that doesn't tie up with what I found? I drove a 14 plate so very first 205 and that had electrical adjust? Of the base up/down and backrest? I've also noted...
  13. R

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking at the early models 64 plates and there seems to be some with and some without. Then my curious head wonders if they for some reason have had bumpers replaced! Sure there's a more logical reason though. Think I prefer the look without the trim but majority I'm...
  14. R

Hi all, Does anyone know why there are different front bumper styles on w205? By this I mean I've spotted c class sport models some have the 2 silver trim going through the fog light grille area. Others are plain grille minus the trim? (like the SE) Just wondered really! Thanks
  15. R

C Class W205 things to watch out for

Hi all, Quite new here n had some really helpful responses so far. Have another question please. Without worrying me too much (I'm aware there are problems!) when I go to look at a used W205 what are some tell tale / obvious problems which would steer me away? So far I'm checking for squeaky...
  16. R

C class queries if anyone can help please.

Thanks all for the replies. Mercland look good but don't seem to have what I'm after at the moment. How do I find out whats standard on the sport model? Ie exterior lighting that comes on when you unlock around door handles etc? Interior led lights around door handles or is this all things...
  17. R

PIA is pain in Ass I believe! Thanks again for the replies. Yes I think maybe I should give this one a wide birth to be fair it's the cheaper one in the whole of the UK for sale! Guess that should maybe ring alarm bells. I agree there's a fair few round but my budget only brings in vehicles...
  18. R

Thanks for the replies guys appreciate that. There was actually a case in the glove box with a garmin sat nav info on. So I wonder if his mention of "removing the sd cards due to possible theft" was real! The fan noise was loud from the left hand vent a quick forum search revealed a few...
  19. R

Hi all, Been reading the forums a while and have joined to ask a couple questions of the experts if I can please! In the UK and went to see a very early (June 14) W205. C Class 220. Couple things concerned me wondered if a yone has experience... The menu button in the middle of the dash didn t...

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom