Search results

1. Mark071973

Selling car with a private plate

I did have Blobcat. The V5 had the private number on it. I sent that to DVLA last week with the form and payment to transfer the private plate to retention. As yet I have received nothing back from them. Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
  2. Mark071973

Thanks for the idea Donald. It may come to that if DVLA take a while to action the request. Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
  3. Mark071973

Hmm yes, re reading it I see your point. I wonder why it didn't allow me to do it online then, as I met all the criteria? Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
  4. Mark071973

Thanks for your response. It is frustrating because I tried the online method but it refuses to work, as I said one of the criteria was that the car have been taxed permanently for the past 5 years. I suspect this has not been the case. I hastily sent off my v5, paperwork and cheque to DVLA a...
  5. Mark071973

Thanks Blobcat Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
  6. Mark071973

I'm selling my Mercedes C Class. It currently has my private plate on it. I tried to do a transfer of the plate to retention online but it won't allow it. I think due to the fact that the dealer who sold me the car had SORN it for a while. So I've gone down the route of sending it off to DVLA...
  7. Mark071973

Part needed A2129009705

I am looking to buy a front fuse box, part number A2129009705 for my 2010 W204 C Class C250CDI If anyone can help please get in touch? Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk
  8. Mark071973

Pull away speed.

Yes in C. I'll try in S and see if there is any difference. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  9. Mark071973

Pull away speed.

Anyone with an automatic 722.6 transmission? I'm curious to know when you select first gear on a flat surface and release the brake so that the car starts to pull away how fast does your car go in mph without any gas pedal acceleration? Mine gets to 8mph. It seems to pull away quickly and I'm...
  10. Mark071973

W204 2010 and 2011 transmissions. Any difference?

A 2010 w204 with the 5 speed auto box has the letters C, S and M. Whereas a 2011 5 speed box has E instead of C. Is this letter the only difference or are the actual transmissions themselves different? Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  11. Mark071973

Rear Seats in 2010 W204 saloon

I have a 2010 W204 saloon with fixed rear seats i.e they do not fold down. Is it possible to retro fit foldable rear seats bought off ebay for example? Can I simply buy the seat backs and leave the current bench seat in place? If so what do I need to look out for? Is a simple matter of...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom