Search results

1. W124131

'95 W124 Infra-Red Remote Locking problems

Hi Graham, thanks for that suggestion. I did do that trying to re-sync the key, the way you suggest from that post on here and also from the user manual in the car. Neither worked. But, there's definitely no infra red signal being transmitted from the key. So now I am resorting to swap the door...
  2. W124131

'95 W124 Infra-Red Remote Locking problems

Hello all, I have a 95 W124 E220 saloon. It is fitted with the remote infra red central locking system - option code 880. It has the sensor on the drivers door handle and also next to the rear boot lock. All has been working well till about two months ago when the fob stopped working. Obviously...
  3. W124131

W124 E220 1995 Saloon - Electrical Issues - Help

Thanks JS, this 220 is one I bought not that long ago for peanuts with no history evidence and a very good MOT history and it drove very well surprisingly and the whole underneath is decent especially the subframe and suspension but it's very good mechanically and I just use it for pottering...
  4. W124131

Well it's a strange one but I've sorted it out. Last month I swapped the fuses under the bonnet, all new and I checked all the seats they fit into and everything was clean and good contacts. I again checked the No 2 fuse which is the one for the wipers, wash wipe etc, fuse all good, refitted...
  5. W124131

Hello everyone, After a bit of help please. The above car, last night in heavy rain, my wipers stopped working. I pulled over, discovered the wash/wipe wasn't working also, none of the 3 settings for the wiper worked either. Also, the main beam ( flasher ) wasn't working but the fixed main...
  6. W124131

W124 1995 E300D Suspension

Thanks for the replies currently. Does anyone know of a preferred merc dealer for cheaper parts than the people I have dealt with at Whitefield Merc? I believe Mercedes used Lemofors as original parts on suspension maybe? I find it really scandalous that they want to charge me £893.04 for 4...
  7. W124131

W124 1995 E300D Suspension

Hi folks, Just bought or rather rescued quite a nice car as above. Above the suspension upwards all round the car is in decent condition, the suspension is quite corroded and N?S rear knocks over the slightest bump. I've ordered a full set of the rear suspension arms ( 4 each side ) but I...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom