Search results

1. Atavus

Minor damage insurance question

You would still be required to inform them.
  2. Atavus

W220 air matic issue over 65mph

I’d decided not to go there :-) They were pretty good when I had a skateboard.
  3. Atavus

You certainly don’t have a leak, which is good. There are height sensors by the looks of things and they can fail.
  4. Atavus

I expect it’s trying to lower itself at around that speed and that triggers the error. There are web pages with troubleshooting steps that you could look at. Like this - http://www.mercedesmedic.com/air-suspension-troubleshooting-airmatic-visit-workshop/
  5. Atavus

C Class seat recall?

Have a read https://uk.car-recalls.eu/listing/mercedes-benz-c-class-2017-2018-right-side-of-front-seat-backrests-may-not-lock-into-place/
  6. Atavus

M278 S500 Advice

Looks great. Super car for the journey home. Especially the massage seats.
  7. Atavus

New member Scottish Highlands

Welcome, nice machine. I feel I’ve failed your ‘spot the difference’ competition. :-)
  8. Atavus

Feeling ripped off

How can you say they’ll last half as long? I expect they just make this up. When the local Mercedes tech was down on figures, he said discs and pads would be the first thing on the list. Safety items were such an easy sell. I like being safe, but that’s not a good excuse to rip me off, IMO.
  9. Atavus

Feeling ripped off

I’ve never seen any law regarding disc thickness, so I wouldn’t be impressed. Better to talk about disc thickness and get the minimum and maximum from the manufacturer. Scored discs will accelerate pad wear and maybe they should have said that. No wonder people don’t trust garages.
  10. Atavus

Monkey Harris Made Me Do It

Thank you. That’s a good summary of what the car offers. I’m enjoying the luxury and comfort, but the car can also shift when you want to.
  11. Atavus

I noticed that as I joined! :-)
  12. Atavus

I haven’t, but I’ll certainly take a look. Thank you.
  13. Atavus

Thanks for the warm welcome. The car is pretty amazing to drive around in.
  14. Atavus

My last car was a 911.
  15. Atavus

Thanks for the welcome and the very kind words. In the mid-90s I met a bloke that let me drive his SL60. That was the first AMG I recall. Didn’t imagine I’d ever own an AMG like that.
  16. Atavus

Thank you both. The Mercedes Guides app has been useful. I like to read up about cars I buy. I’ve got the launch brochure too, though that was probably a bit less helpful. I tried sport mode today. That feels like a shot of adrenaline. Not that the car feels like it needs one.
  17. Atavus

New to Mercedes with an S63 Coupe I’ve owned for a couple of weeks. It’s a 2016, so pre-facelift with the 5.5. My lack of Mercedes knowledge means I have a lot to learn about the features on the car.
  18. Atavus

Want...

Airscarf option appears on later cars. I saw a few over the last few weeks. There have been about 30-odd cars for sale whilst I was looking. I think Chris Harris helped convince me to buy one. I’ve had it a fortnight now.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom