Search results

1. hopeful

again gear loss

yeah disappointed with newer cars, research tells me to stay away at least till 13,cant believe the fault issues ,now there is multi link rear end and it does not seem a straight for do either, may get me a classic ?! . still got my 270clk sitting on the drive rotting , needs a box all new...
  2. hopeful

again gear loss

thanks for the input , as it is the same time of year as last malfunction ,and undervoltage i swapped batteries , and reinstated the emulater on the eis lock, so at least i could start the car and turn the steering, as it was due for a box oil change i decided to check out the tcm and...
  3. hopeful

again gear loss

well all start and drive fine ,wont kick out of gear for ages then pop, we had this one day last winter start up and no drive except low drove a few miles ,came back on line intermittent reset , charged the rather over size battery and has been fine til now .i did think as it all started...
  4. hopeful

again gear loss

System Type: GEARBOX Name: GEARBOX - GEARBOX (EGS52) DTC: P2314,CAN; communication with control unit EIS is faulty System Type: GEARBOX Name: GEARBOX - GEARBOX (EGS52) DTC: P2314,CAN; communication with control unit EIS is faulty DTC: P2600,Terminal 87; undervoltage DTC: P2602,Voltage supply of...
  5. hopeful

again gear loss

hi little help in the sussing this fault , 2002 c220 cdi w203, last year was very cold has esi and battery ,gear faults ,charged battery larger than normal size so plenty power , the car eventually settled and all was fine till 3/4 months ago eis checked ,new key and link ,by pass or...
  6. hopeful

autbox woes

well all is sorted, although the car had been run for 20 mins a day it was a case of both batteries not holding enough charge to work the ecu . i know that sounds strange ,but it did get to minus 10 or lower at night . tomorrow its down to the garage for a battery condition check, for damage...
  7. hopeful

autbox woes

no issues at all serviced and g/box 6 months ago quick and quiet and 54 mpg , i tried to reverse out and had wheel spin a few times ,but shut the spin down right away , i did think rear wheel sensor . would that throw out the auto box no dash lights ,no noise rev range and power seems ok
  8. hopeful

autbox woes

hi guys, not conversed for a while , been reading though. now in need of some help please 2002 mercedes c220 cdi 5g box car has been stood for a week 'cause of frozen snow in car park . but has been started daily, now it can be moved (thaw) drove up the road wont move out of second (40...
  9. hopeful

codes p1664-088/p1189-016

hi guys , got a problem on the daughter c220 cdi/02 year model limp mode crlauncher says codes codes p1664-088/p1189-016 . p1664 i take by heater codes mean glow plugs and not heater confused but clicked when remember heater boost on dash , though i notice no glow plug is read fault...
  10. hopeful

smokin,

can anyone tell me why a c class 02/07 smokes ( like a train) out of the rocker ,68k,72k,119k all serviced , cant be rings even a 08 facelift chuff chuff
  11. hopeful

autobox aid required

lack of proper service and condensation of old oil ,new oil picking up muck and only 242 k ,nothing last these days lol wink
  12. hopeful

autobox aid required

the service book was faked i believe and done 120 or more before i done a so called due service and then it just got worse dragging muck from conveter and cooler not any grey when i checked after service and going wrong its aweful now and that has strung a bearing because no oil from the...
  13. hopeful

autobox aid required

ok guys sussed the problem , ie found the source of the occasional noise , not the plate or the speed sensors etc but belive it when i say it,s the pump ,picked up muck from the cooler and converter and there you go . one stuffed auto box .
  14. hopeful

welder

sorry if this is in wrong place. anyone in the plymouth area know of a competent welder , not a garage but someone who does diy . aprecciated thanks
  15. hopeful

a little info

seeking areplacement car ,mb of course, viewed 2 2007 c class one at 69k and another at 130k both have pressure when removeing oil filler cap, is this due to crankcase pressure or a breather blocked
  16. hopeful

autobox aid required

decision made , gonna dump it on the drive ,diy later, priced all up more than she is worth £ wise so get another car . maybe the same lower miles or break open my piggy,
  17. hopeful

autobox aid required

yes i know , as said in above post, the gear loss before oil change and now 6 months later , so what i shall do before flashing the cash - is drain oil replace and prestone rad take for a run check the box ( its the whine that most concerns me,) if it gone i shall procced with plate...
  18. hopeful

autobox aid required

oh dear as said had a pre warning before about loss of gears done an oil change, so its happened again as recently said so checked al the points mentioned , drove it fine all gears and no slipping or loss , so drained some of the recent fresh oil and h2o is present but it must be a...
  19. hopeful

autobox aid required

maybe not .as for the plate as long as is not chinese
  20. hopeful

autobox aid required

so got a reader loads of faults all are ps 221 /2500 /220a2562/2561 gearbox issues ithink oil leak on connector and tracking or conductor plate is contaminted , its just had service and wash through with an extra 2l and worked fine apart from the probs mentioned above it been spot on...
Top Bottom