Search results

1. DanR200

How to clean pop down reversing camera when on your own?

Well as an estate model, I was thinking just pop the tailgate open and climb into the back to avoid going out via the window after engaging reverse, avoids the being run over risk. I should have it cleaned and be back in before it hits the service station at the other end of the car park. :)
  2. DanR200

Thank you gents. There is a open camera cover option.. Vehicle/ assistance/ camera &park.Ass/ open camera cover. Cheers
  3. DanR200

Hello, With the sticky crud that coats the car in the winter months the pop down reversing camera on the W213 was a blurry mess. How can I get it to stay down so I can wipe the lens when i'm nobby no mates, in the middle of nowhere? The Hounds in the back render the rear view mirror for display...
  4. DanR200

Speeding in France warning! Roll On Brexit!

Hello JDPE, Sorry no source. It was in the MCN and various motorcycle mags few years ago. Then went quiet as no one was reporting getting tickets. I believe the fine in France is on a sliding scale to 1500 euros depending on your percentage over the speed limit inc 10% for errors. ie 58 in a 50...
  5. DanR200

Ex V70 man.

I remember fords fanfare and blurb for spending millions designing the focus interior. Yet it looked like it had been lifted straight from the 323f.
  6. DanR200

Garmin says "Dangerous Zone" which has an area slightly larger than the original speed camera warning area. Don't forget the yellow vest in the car, the spare bulbs, the breath analysers, the triangle, sun cream and little man with the red flag. More sinister is the speed average cameras that...
  7. DanR200

The agreement has been in place for a few years to allow tracing and issuing European speed fines. Unfortunately they have just unblocked the channels of communication. Think theres still an issue with Points. A few I know are now getting French speed tickets from 2017 & 18 to their uk address...
  8. DanR200

Commuting question

I have seen the police on the Toll road, but not too often.
  9. DanR200

Ex V70 man.

Cheers Wighty, Before Volvo there was a great mk1 laguna and a crap mk 2 laguna. mazda 232F, 626 mk2, X1/9, Z4, Bond equipe, Isetta 300 & Trojan 200, Imp Husky. Plus some that are just too painful to mention.
  10. DanR200

Ex V70 man.

From a member with no profile pic? Is this a test for the newbie... ;) Would a pic of the newly revised bank balance suffice? Not to mention a video of my gold fish impression at the new insurance premium. Thought it was supposed to get cheaper with age... Its just the hair dressers AMG...
  11. DanR200

Ex V70 man.

Cheers Lostkiwi. Back and fwd just now. Up in the Frozen North. "Why live here, it always rains" "Eh? Have you ever been to Scotland?"
  12. DanR200

Ex V70 man.

Hello all. I recently acquired a E220D W213 following long V70 ownership. Giving as Volvo, like most car makers now consider "stretched hatchbacks" to be "estate" cars. Best of luck getting the wardrobe in the back or a medium sized dog, so I jumped ship. Having said that, the E has a...
  13. DanR200

Do these wheels/tyres fit? Read this post first!

E220D AMG Line S213. Will 18" Wheels fit? Hello, I am looking to get a set of winter wheels following the 'smaller rim, deeper wall' philosophy. Unfortunately I keep seeing mixed data. Some say 18" ok & some say No. Looking at the gap with large front callipers on the existing 19" wheels I...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom