Search results

1. JackCLK280

Oil in my coolant

And what would they mean?
  2. JackCLK280

Oil in my coolant

Thank you. Sorry but how would I know? Sorry I'm useless at these things.
  3. JackCLK280

Oil in my coolant

They didn't fit the oil filter properly so it was sucking air and creating drive. They then tested it for 5 miles... and tried to tell me my torque converter was gone. It was only when I demanded they redo the work they discovered it was them not the car.
  4. JackCLK280

Oil in my coolant

Great thank you. I'll just get the rad and cooler changed out I think. Gearbox has just had a service. I'm pretty sure it was them who caused it. Not mentioning any names...
  5. JackCLK280

Oil in my coolant

It doesn't seem to be losing much (if any) water.
  6. JackCLK280

Oil in my coolant

Could that get into the coolant? Sorry I'm not mechanically minded. So when a garage starts throwing words at me I want to be able to have some understanding of him .
  7. JackCLK280

Oil in my coolant

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help. I have a clk55 on a 54 plate (July 2004). I regularly check my fluids - when I do the weekly wash. Last week I noticed some oil in my coolant. I dipped a rag in to get it out and it came back. My car doesn't overheat. It has white smoke on start up but only...
  8. JackCLK280

Clk 209 Keyless Go unresponsive

Hi, I am just wondering if Keyless Go is something which can be 'coded out'? My keyless entry works (except the drivers door) but the push button start is totally dead. Doesn't say key not detected or anything. I have removed the button and cleaned the two prongs. I have also used a wire to...
  9. JackCLK280

CLK55 squeaky steering wheel

Worse in the cold and gets better as you drive but never goes away. Can only hear/feel it at low speeds. Steering fluid is at a good level too. Thanks
  10. JackCLK280

Or a silicone spray? Any other recommendations on what to do with it?
  11. JackCLK280

Hi, I think the rubber pocket that my steering wheel fits into is dry and needs spraying but I have no idea how to get to it. Can anyone offer some advice? Thanks Also, how do I get the trim off that surrounds the gear stick without breaking it. Cheers!
  12. JackCLK280

CLK Steering Column SQUEAK!!!!

Thanks, would a silicone spray be ok?
  13. JackCLK280

CLK Steering Column SQUEAK!!!!

I need to do this on mine. Any tips for getting to it? And ptfe, WD40? Thanks
  14. JackCLK280

Help! Water spots!

Needless to say, it is going in this week. Its a £300 fix. Not the end of the world but a cost I'd rather not have. My fault, I always back into spaces for that very reason but this time I was too lazy. Serves me right I guess. We've just booked to take the kids to Disney Land too. Its an...
  15. JackCLK280

Help! Water spots!

Unfortunately, mine is a CLK. So whilst a simple a fairly cheap suspension set up, raised kerbs are a nemesis.
  16. JackCLK280

Help! Water spots!

Looks beautiful. I have a metallic navy blue car. Its a full time job looking after that. And she comes before the whole family.
  17. JackCLK280

Help! Water spots!

My car is my space away from young kids. No food. No drinks. No dogs. No fun - unless you're the driver. Then it's all the fun AMG could create from 5.4L. Which is a lot. So my car is spotless - as I would like my home to be. Sadly, after cleaning it this morning I drove to the shops and...
  18. JackCLK280

Help! Water spots!

I only wish I were able to care about my car that little
  19. JackCLK280

Help! Water spots!

This exact thing has happened to me. Bought a tanzonite blue clk55 which I now find myself doing a full detail on weekly. The car looks great all the time but it eats into a lot of family time and now has become a bit of an OCD. finger prints on it- clean it. Dust - clean it. It all started with...

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom