Search results

1. N

Drilled holes on brake discs filling up and causing brake fade

Thankyou everyone for your comments and replies. I think it's clear that the pads are the problem and for one reason or another they are not correct. I'm going to take the advice and get them changed again, it's just really frustrating as you can imagine less than 6 months after handing over...
  2. N

I cleaned the holes with an Allen key, as crude as it sounds, and it did clear them well - both the front and rear disc. I then jet washed them clean. The material moved relatively easily and it was definitely only brake dust. There was no rust or anything else present. A full disc and pad...
  3. N

Hello Blobcat. Thankyou for your message. It was done, again by Mercedes, 16 months ago. The dealership checked that before they bled my brakes again and said it was fine. Its like there isn't enough pressure being applied to the pads and discs to create the gas to keep the holes clear and so...
  4. N

Hi there! I'm hoping that someone can please help me.... I have a 2016 GLE 350d, and in March took it to my local Mercedes to have new brake pads. The first pads were great, stopped the car like you wouldn't believe, these new pads however have been a nightmare. Every 600-700 miles maximum the...
Top Bottom