Search results

1. Todd117

W212 E350cdi blueeff judder

Not seen much of torque converters needing to be replaced. could changing the oil help? Sounds costly Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Todd117

Yes I agree was just trying to think of things that could be out of balance that might upset it Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Todd117

161k miles I don’t know the exact history but it has an extensive number of services and work carried on the Mercedes printout I was given. I’m going to try call them tomorrow and see if they can provide more info on what type of work has been done to the car all I have is it’s mileage and...
  4. Todd117

Evening everyone. Searched a few threads but can’t find anything with a definite answer. My 2010 E350cdi Blueeff auto has developed a judder between 1500rpm and 2000rpm under light acceleration. It gets progressively worse as the car warms up from barley noticeable to significant. It feels...
  5. Todd117

W212 door locked shut

Hi all recently purchased at w212 e350cdi estate and the front passenger door lock has been playing up with it not locking at all or responding to the key, then the other day it finally locked and now will not open, the door is locked and when I tried to open the door from the inside The handle...
  6. Todd117

W203 C270 cdi clutch slip?

Thanks for the info. I have thought about doing it myself following YouTube videos and service manuals but I don't have the space. I'm not keen on changing transmission fluids on my driveway lol. I think Ill have my local merc indy look at the fluids and see what's best come MOT time. Sent...
  7. Todd117

W203 C270 cdi clutch slip?

Hi all. Sure this has been answered before but can't find anything. The clutch seems to be slipping in my 270cdi. Around town its fine but if I floor it it seems to slip and hold the revs at a certain point until the speed catches up. Its got 110000 miles so I'm sure the gearbox will need a...
  8. Todd117

W203 saloon rear door removal

Yes. Didn't use a jack instead used the Mrs. [emoji41] Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  9. Todd117

Thanks for the insight guys door swap went okay need a couple of shims to get the doors flush but acceptable for now. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  10. Todd117

Okay thanks if I keep the battery connected would there be any issues? Cheers Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  11. Todd117

Hi all replacing the a rear door on my w203 saloon just wondered if its plug and play and I don't need to do anything special, just unplug, unbolt, bolt new door on and then plug back in. Disconnect to battery and all that? Do I need to reset the locks and windows etc.? Any pictures or...
  12. Todd117

W203 rear passenger door removal/replacment.

Evening all, Does anybody have a guide or some pictures on how to remove the rear door from a W203 saloon? The Mrs reversed into it and it's ruined. Luckily there's one at a local scrap yard for 50 quid. Will the lock and windows have to be switched from the old door to the new one? Any info...
  13. Todd117

Drivers side wiper removal problem

Hi all it's just the plastic cover that's cracked the arm itself is fine and I have glued to crack back together. I'll borrow a friend's joint splitter and get back to you. Thanks Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  14. Todd117

Drivers side wiper removal problem

Evening everyone Sorry if wrong section can't seem to remove the drivers side wiper to sort out a possible broken linkage. Seems like the bolt from the linkage is too big for the wiper hole. Can't pull it off and using a pry and tap from a hammer as suggested by YouTube doesn't work any more...
  15. Todd117

First time merc owner.

Yeah it's seems a great engine. My parents have the same engine in their hymer motor home and they have no complaints at All. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  16. Todd117

First time merc owner.

My understanding is that depending on the year of manufacture etc its just a visual inspection and a soot test. Something I believe this thing would fly through. I don't think they measure emissions on diesels either. If I'm incorrect I welcome correct replies. As long as you don't replace the...
  17. Todd117

First time merc owner.

Hi all here's a couple of pictures of the new car, bit rough around the edges trim wise. The passenger side door trim has a scratch and the b piller cap thing is bubbling and starting to rust but looking at getting those bits replaced from ebay. Also looking for some new alloys. Some of the...
  18. Todd117

C270cdi OM612 Tuning - e320cdi turbo

I think it's the WA580. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  19. Todd117

Right I see! Thanks. I think for now this route is much more appealing. Once I've gutted the cats and got a bigger IC I'll get in touch. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  20. Todd117

Thanks for the reply. Those C30 injector prices are a bit eye watering especially when compared to the value of the car. And I didnt know that about the pump... Guess the one Ive got is going back. This lift pump then what should I be searching to get hold of one? Is the TQ limit on the gearbox...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom