Search results

1. B

CD changer (2005 C180K Coupe)

Gentlemen, Apologies if this has been covered before, however I couldn't find any specifics on a search. As above, I have a 2005 C180K Coupe with the Audio 20 head unit. Being of a certain age, I'm past modding cars and fitting massive stereos. I've had this vehicle for a few months now after...
  2. B

Another Fifer!

Thanks all for your welcome. Re, the engine, I'm aware that about 3 or 4 years (and only 3000 miles ago), it had major top end surgery to replace the sprockets on the camshaft (?) with "upgraded", toughened steel ones at a ridiculous cost. That should, hopefully help avoid issues going...
  3. B

Another Fifer!

Thanks John, I thought this was a W203 engine? Graeme
  4. B

Another Fifer!

Thanks Alexander, Mechanic has just returned the car with an eyewatering bill which is almost double what I paid for the car. Emissions was just a case of cleaning lamda sensors etc. Most of the bill is for fitting subframe and new wishbones, ball joints & track rod end joints (NSF). On the...
  5. B

Another Fifer!

Thanks Dean, Mechanic has just, literally dropped the car off - along with a bill that's almost twice what I paid for the car three weeks ago. Wishing I'd seen this forum first and challenged MB about it, could have saved most of the bill! I assume there wouldn't be any mileage in pursuing...
  6. B

Another Fifer!

Howdy all, New member after 3 weeks of MB ownership. 2005 C180K Coupe bought from a mate at work as he was changing to a "more exotic" vehicle. He does about 1k miles per year and is close to retirement, so made sense to change my Audi for the MB. Decided to put it in for an early MOT to make...
  7. B

W204 2008 rear subframe failure!

New member and first time MB owner. Recently purchased a 2005 C180K coupe from a friend, no reason to believe there would be any issues. Put it in for an early mot to make sure all was well - rear subframe rotten next to the petrol tank. Bizarrely, the rest of the underside is great, it's...

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom