Search results

1. D

Parking Sensor Issues

Just wanted to update on this. Managed to get this fixed yesterday at Klasse Automotive in East Calder (Thanks Stuart) This problem is caused by a low voltage, usually in a situation where the engine is cranking as the sensors initialise. A low voltage (under 7v) causes a failure in the whole...
  2. D

Parking Sensor Issues

This had happened again today after the sensors came on when parking up today. As an experiment I switched off the sensors with the dash switch which made no difference. However, switching the ignition off and immediately back to reset them and they then worked perfectly
  3. D

Parking Sensor Issues

I’d be very surprised if there was any issue with the physical wiring itself as the system would either not initialise at all or give off a fault beep and flash red. Being a safety item these things tend to be very unforgiving of an irregular voltage/poor continuity etc etc and go into fault...
  4. D

Parking Sensor Issues

Both batteries are fairly fresh, since the sensors only come in when you’re driving the engine is running and it’s alternator voltage, I greatly doubt it’s a battery issue
  5. D

Parking Sensor Issues

I’ve got this same problem on my 2013 W212 E250 AMG System initialises correctly every time but one time in every 4 or 5 activations it doesn’t measure distance to the front or back, there are no error beeps, signs of any malfunction or error codes logged. It’s not me accidentally pushing any...
  6. D

W212 2012 model, left Xenon lamp out (not the Bulb or wiring)

My mistake Had picked up on LED for some reason If you’ve been in the same position and had to code it, I’ll bow to that experience :)
  7. D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LED-HEADLIGHT-CONTROL-MODULE-BALLAST-FOR-MERCEDES-BENZ-W212-A2129005424-NEW-/183904898122?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292 you sure??
  8. D

Plug and play, it’s just a ballast for the bulb
  9. D

You can access it by pulling the arch liner back. Good bet it's the cause of your problems.
  10. D

You checked the ballast unit at the rear of the lamp? :)
  11. D

W213 front calipers on a w212 will they fit

What a spooky coincidence! I trust the guys I use :)
  12. D

I use coded welders (certified for work on north sea oil equipment, nuclear power stations, submarines etc etc) who know their onions, the weld is stronger than the original casting. There’s unlikely to be enough space for an adapter, a properly CNC’d adapter is again plenty strong enough...
  13. D

Advice on non mercedes parts

Aftermarket quality varies. I’d go with one of the big manufacturers who supply Merc/BMW/Audi etc Sachs/Boge/Bilstein for example
  14. D

I hear what you’re saying but I’ve been upgrading braking systems for a while. Yes, you need to exercise appropriate caution, brakes being ‘mission critical’ but as long as you do so it can be done. i would be upgrading from a Mercedes system, to a later, much higher specification Mercedes...
  15. D

Blast from the past on the thread front! Anybody any thoughts on a fix for this? I’ve got a nearly new set of 360mm discs and calipers from a sport option 213 and am looking to fit them to my 212. The caliper mounting bolt spacing is different by about 10mm, an adapter or some professional...
  16. D

Timing chain kit? OEM or not

Brake discs : ATE coated Brake pads: Textar Shocks/springs: Sachs/Bilstein Belts/pumps: Gates Suspension arms: TRW or Lemforder Bearings: SKS Filters: Mann Are where I’m usually at. FEBI I use as well It doesn’t have to have Mercedes on the box to be a top quality part.
  17. D

NTG4 - IPod problem

Interface is above the glovebox next to the heater motor. My problem turned out to be a faulty interface, £25 used unit from ebay and full function is restored. I took the opportunity to pop the heater motor out, separating it from the plastic casing (the 2 screws at the end allow this) and...
  18. D

So they may well be the same quality part that’s failing regularly? My point is that there are times where OEM isn’t automatically the best choice :)
  19. D

I wasn’t aware that Merc had revised the parts for the timing chains, when did that happen as Ive got an early car? I’ll keep an eye out for the revised parts if I need to do the job :)
  20. D

These are the genuine parts that are regularly being replaced because they fail far too early??? let me think hard about that. :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom