Search results

1. C

C320 cdi OM642 sometimes loses boost

The main thing that worked for me was the boost hose which had cracks in and the replacement actuator from turbovanes. (After this failed almost catastrophically) Feel free to post up here if you find anything else relating to the matter. I have suffered the over boost twice since then, but...
  2. C

I’ll try anything, and as it’s free there’s nothing to lose. Cheers for the suggestions. I may also try and get some smoke for a Vacuum leak test too.
  3. C

Well it never came up on a mates reader today so that’s all good. the car did cut out with the below condition on an Italian tube drive home. P0234 - Engine boost condition - limit exceeded it was past the motorway speed limit - so I can’t help thinking there’s still a problem somewhere...
  4. C

How is this P1268 - Cylinder #8 High To Low Side Short possible on a V6? #Confused
  5. C

Bought a refurbished one from www.turbovanes.com and I would highly recommend them to anyone having actuator issues.
  6. C

Thanks, I’ve checked all the fuses in there and they’re all fine. just this P1268 code to chase down now. Have attached images of the EGR valve before and after.
  7. C

Can someone give me a pointer to where this fuse 44 might be? so all fitted and egr valve cleaned (wasn’t too bad to be fair) car works well again, i ran the live data and did a fault code check only getting one code now (a new one) P1268(00) {I have previously had cylinder 3 glow plug...
  8. C

I have a refurbed one on the way as the second hand one was going to take too long to arrive. It should be here by 1300hrs today. I intend to remove check/clean the egr valve and then fit new actuator and clear codes, so fingers crossed once fitted and codes all cleared I’m back to happy...
  9. C

Thanks @Wighty for the swift response. I did a check of all the fuses and they are all ok. I will do the PCV as a matter of course once this issue is resolved. 1 wire had already been re soldered in the actuator but that along with all other connections looked fine. Im hoping that the...
  10. C

Ok, so now I have limp mode. Upon investigation the actuator is goosed. No movement when switching engine on. Get to 2000 rpm and the car just kangaroos along the road. there is no G Code on the side of the actuator gearbox, so I have ordered a second hand one to see if that gets me right. If...
  11. C

Is there any way to mark the thread as solved?
  12. C

Thanks to everyone for they’re helping and suggestions. Replacement of that pipe along with the Air Filters has solved my issue. I left the new MAP sensor on the air box fitted as I had the part any how. what a wealth of knowledge there is on here and a proactive community. my sincere thanks...
  13. C

So, have been out and done the job, old pipe off and new pipe on. Dropped a screwdriver down behind grille so that came off and on again too. Three very large splits and another at the rear. new pipe fitted and will hope all is good on the drive to work tomorrow. I would test it tonight...
  14. C

Intermittant Fault, causing car to go to limp mode. E320 CDI.

Mine is currently suffering a lack of power, does yours suffer lower boost higher up the revs? Mine has splits in the hose that runs up from the inter cooler, front passenger side corner of engine. with the split pipe the car seems ok up to 40 then slightly sluggish to 70, and struggles for a 3...
  15. C

Nonstarter.

I used this site: https://www.downloadworkshopmanuals.com/index.php/mercedes £9.95 for the C-Class. You get the WIS and EPC access. its approx a 50gb download, and then you need to install VMWare player 15 (free) to run it on a virtual machine. Works fine on my windows PC. If you only...
  16. C

I'm not pulling it off until I have a replacement for it. It must be the issue, reading other forums its a common issue and it causes all my issues. Others have reported the exact same OBD code I received first time round, although my googling never turned up their threads....odd. I have one...
  17. C

In the last picture, is that a) a coolant return hose b) look like its not home all the way In the second & third pictures is that the hose from the intercooler? Are these likely to be big jobs as the car is my only daily driver?
  18. C

Hello again forum, Still no fault codes popping up but something still not correct. 0-20mph - 2.5s 0-40mph - 5.5s 0-60mph - 10.2s Decided to have a look around at some hoses and connections and have put my findings below. Some advice would be appreciated. Where might this residue/oil be...
  19. C

Ok, I did the TPS reset procedure and things seem improved. Not sure if it’s 100% right but it’s definitely fine for the commute. Haven’t had any error codes popping up either. if after a week no error codes/issues I may swap the old MAP sensor back in to see if it was that that caused my...
Top Bottom