Search results

1. Rich2166

Mercedes S350 - 2012 Front Brake Pin Removal Issue

Thanks for the reply, I’ve not replaced the Discs & Pads on my car before, but having the Dealer take care of repairs unfortunately is not available on this occasion. So I’m going to be doing the replacement this time. I’m hoping these pins are going to be relatively easy to remove, fingers...
  2. Rich2166

Many Thanks for the info it’s much appreciated. Just a couple of questions. Do you know what size brake pins are on the S350? And should I use a small lump hammer or would a Rubber Mallet be okay? I’ve not replaced my brakes on my Mercedes before, however things have changed so I am looking to...
  3. Rich2166

HELP REQUIRED Can anyone help with what tools are required to remove the Front Brake Pad Pins on a S350 - Year 2012 They seem a little stuck and not moving. Any help and advice would be appreciated.
  4. Rich2166

Mercedes S350 Bluetec W221 - 2012 - Rear Height Level Sensor Help Required

Hello MB Owners, I have a question about my Height Level Sensor 2012 - S350 W221 - I would appreciate everyone’s insight & experience about this issue. Okay this is what happened previously and what I’ve managed to do up to today. Driving along the Rear became uncomfortable and a Malfunction...
  5. Rich2166

MERCEDES S350 Blue Tec - W221 - 2012 - Rear Air Suspension Dropped

HELP REQUIRED PLEASE: The other evening I was driving home and the rear suspension started to get more uncomfortable and within a 1/4 mile an Orange vehicle image appeared on the dash with the word MALFUNCTION and when I pulled over the rear suspension had dropped completely. I would be...
  6. Rich2166

W221 tyres (QUIET)

Hello Philip, I’ve just come across your post, I also have a W221 S350, I need to change my rear tyres, What Tyres did you go with in the end? And what have you thought of them so far?
  7. Rich2166

ABS and ESP unavailable

Interesting post, before you found the bad earth did you think you had a wheel speed sensor issue? have the same messages on my dash, I’ve just purchased a new wheel speed sensor today, however after reading your post I wonder whether I may have the same earth issue, or though it’s probably...
  8. Rich2166

ABS and ESP unavailable

Thank you Botus, It’s nice to own a Mercedes but boy owners get shafted :(
  9. Rich2166

ABS and ESP unavailable

Will this work on other Mercedes models, mine is a W221 S350?
  10. Rich2166

W221 Battery removal problem

Yes Tode it was the original battery so 9 Years is exceptional, so I can’t grumble ;) Keep in touch maybe I can help you with something at some point :)
  11. Rich2166

Tode you are a fine gentleman, thanks to your excellent post and images I disconnected the plastic relay box with the assistance of my partner in just 5 minutes by the time I moved the battery cables out the way etc, and removed the bottom battery clamp, it was a real simple job to do, already...
  12. Rich2166

Thanks Tode, That’s interesting, although with my luck if I don’t use the 12v live option, I bet all my settings will disappear. I will have to see what I decide.
  13. Rich2166

Many Thanks for the reply, can you explain how come you mention you don’t have to maintain a 12v connection whilst changing the battery as a Mercedes tech told me I do. My car is a 2012 S350 Bluetec. Many Thanks
  14. Rich2166

Excellent post Did you remove the battery whilst keeping a 12v connection, or did you just remove it and then run through the synchronising sequence?
  15. Rich2166

Mercedes S350 W221 - 2012 - Digital Speedo Screen goes blank on Start up

I checked my battery today with a multi meter and with the engine switched off it measured 12.08 leaving the probes in place started the engine the reading dropped to 8.87 then kept rising until it reached and stayed between 14.08/14.10/14.11 I took the car for a run for about an hour and half...
  16. Rich2166

Ohh, that sounds a fight I should of known it wouldn’t be easy. Did you take the battery out to remove the caps, and if so did you have an issues when you put it back in, like having to put in radio codes, engine immobiliser /alarm issues, or did you just put back in and connect it up with No...
  17. Rich2166

update: For anyone who’s interested I connected another car battery to my battery as mentioned and started my car, the car started swiftly and the speedo display didn’t go off at all. Exercise complete ✅ Conclusion it’s my main battery that needs attention as kindly advised by Botus, So next...
  18. Rich2166

Yes, Thanks Blobcat, I’m going to indeed follow Botus advice on hopefully extending my Battery life Appreciate everyone‘s help and input

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom