c180

1. S

C180 W203 Stereo

Hi all - really sorry if this post is in the wrong place :( My dad recently bought a C180 W203 2001 (Y) Saloon (2.0L) and it came with a sony explode CD Player and a tray underneath. The stereo has been linked to the cigarette lighter for the ignition (even though who ever had put it in had...
  2. H

C180 Sport 1996 immobiliser fault

Hi all, I have a problem with my merc C180 Sport immobiliser. The red and green led's in the door handle and mirror flash simultaneously whilst cranking and the engine won't start. I bought it at auction and it would only start if the battery was disconnected then reconnected and the engine...
  3. D

Heat Shield Loose - How do I re-fix it

Hi, I have an X reg C180 Elegance that has developed a rattling noise, which seems to be more noticeable when accelarating from standing. I am 99% certain that this is due to a loose heat shield at the rear nearside, above the exhaust back box (I say 99% certain as when I checked that area...
  4. D

C180 (94) internal heater problem solved.

Hi This may be of use to someone else. I had a fault on my internal heater where by it would be on full heat regardless of the temperature settings. The back lights also flashed. I removed the heater panel from the car and then dismantled it as follows: Remove the knobs, then un-clip the...
  5. D

C180 (94) lower arm wear?

Hi I am pretty sure a drivers side lower arm bush is worn but would like it confirmed if possible. I have tyre wear on the insides of both front tyres and a grinding noise and sliding effect on slow, tight right hand turns. I have jacked up the front of the car and levered all the suspension...
  6. D

W202 catalytic converter replacement question

Hi I have a cat that is gone and need to replace it in order to pass emissions test. my car is a 1995 w202 c180 petrol. i Have sourced a cat from a 1997 c180 petrol. Issue is that mercedes change the cat section of the exhaust system in 1997 but my question is would replacing the cat...
  7. F

1995 w202 starting problems

Hey guys, I have recently had problems starting my 1995 c180. I used to have this problem alot, then it just went away for about a year! It came back a few days ago after i disconnected the battery as I needed to remove the steering wheel to replace the wiper stalk (which sort of caught...
  8. M

C180 coupe Parcel shelf help

Hi,I have a c180 coupe compressor on a 04 plate.newer interior. I have no parcel shelf,and have been offered one out of a 01 plate . Does anyone know if these are the same fitment. Many thanks Great site
  9. D

C180 (94) ignition key won't turn

Hi I have a auto 1994 c180 with just a plain ignition key (not electronic).This morning the key would not turn. The steering wheel is unlocked but I can not get the key to position 1. I have tried both keys, wiggling them, spraying silicon into the lock but no joy. All the posts I have...
  10. S

Mercedes C180 Engine Management Problems

Hello I own a 1999 UK C180 (1.8 petrol). A few months ago, the battery went flat (after I left the keys in:Oops:). Having got it charged up again, I notice that the performance is nowhere near as good. Having done some reading, I realise that the Engine Management System probably reset...
  11. P

C180 Coupe, early 2003, Audio 10 - ipod connection

I am sorry if this has been asked many times before, but what are the latest best options for connecting iphone ( for music not calls) to a C180 coupe please? It does not have a CD autochanger fitted. It has the simple single CD audio 10. Please give me an idea of best buys to look at and where...
  12. T

1999 C180 : shudder at rest after kick down

Just got the car back from an A service and some work for MOT which included a couple of autobox pipes being replaced. All was going well until I used the kickdown to overtake someone (Was going at 30 at time, might have reached 45 while overtaking) ... the engine seemed to rev highly without...
  13. A

C180 Overheating

My first Merc is a 1997 C180, had it about a week now and in general all is well with it, it's been a bit neglected previously and i have fixed a small number of minor faults. I have covered about 500 miles in it and it cruises up the motorway just fine, temp gauge sits about 80 or just...
  14. P

C 180 W203 (97 estate) - ABS problems

Had an ABS light come on (which also disabled the cruise control). Garage diagnosed as FL sensor. Changed by garage and everything was great for 2 days. Then again ABS light came on and also car went into 'limp mode' and stuck in 2nd (?) gear only. Took it into garage that had replaced FL...
  15. D

1994 C180 Intemittant low power. air pressure sensor?

Hi I have just bought my first MB having suffered years of overheating problems with Vauxhall Senators and MV6 Omegas. I have had the car a week and so far I am very pleased. I have one problem that is puzzling me and I am hoping someone can help. Sometimes the car has very little power when...
Top Bottom