e220

1. PovertySpec

W211 E220 Thermostat Only?

Anyone have a part number for the thermostat for W211 E220, without the housing? Seems a bit of a waste to change the whole thing. I have the part number for the stat with housing etc but can't find a part number for just the thermostat :confused: VIN is WDB2110082B214302
  2. R

Fitting a tevion cd stereo - help please

the merc cd stereo has died and to replace it have got hold of a tevion cd player, stereo etc, but apparently so that the controls on the steering wheel work i need to get a link wire kit to change the tevion stereo wiring to fit the merc wiring, however I dont know what i am trying to find...
  3. E

Whiney rear end without throttle.

Hi guys, My 95' W124 E220 Coupe has developed an alarming fault. The rear end (suspect diff) has started whining and knocking loudly all of a sudden. The knocking is intermittent and happens at any speed, throttle or non, for a few seconds and sounds like s heat shield vibrating in the wind...
  4. A

Greetings - New [old] E220

Hi, Hope all is well. I have visited this forum many-a-time looking for advice and tips. I have now taken the plunge and got myself a 1992 E220 Coupe. Hopefully collecting it tomorrow. [I will post a photo when I get one] This is my first MB, but a family member has had a few and...
  5. S

A new E220?

Hello everyone. This is my first post so please treat me kindly! I currently drive a Golf and am thinking of an upgrade as the Golf has done lots of miles (86K in just under 4 years), and a reward for my own hard work. Also things have started to go wrong on the Golf (just replaced the...
  6. V

E220 CDI exec-LED Lights supposed to be on ?

just bought a 2011 E220 CDi SE Exec. and have a question on the LED's. They are shown in the manual as surround lighting but NOT Daylight Running Lights or Side Lights so I'm not sure exactly what to call them. Q is; are they supposed to be on or off when moving ? They come on when I'm...
  7. H

What is the E Class Estate Avant Garde Spec in a 2007 Car?

Guys, Following on from the awesome response to my last silly question - I can't seem to find out what you get as standard on the AV spec. In shorts guys what's standard and what do I need to look for as a extra? I'm looking for an E320 or an E200 2007/2008 Estate Thanks in anticipation!
  8. H

E320 vs E220 Estate 2007/2008 models

I'm a longtime Audi driver and want to jump ship to try a Mercedes Benz E Class Estate. Current car a 2003 A6 Quattro Avant. I can't decide between the E320 and E220 models. I'm looking for good fuel efficiency and will be doing a 75 mile each way commute (mostly motorway). What mpg do...
  9. S

Gearbox trouble

Hi All I am having problems. Popped down the shops today. no problem going not faults. Got back into the car and when I engaged gear it banged into drive. Pulled away fine but didn't change gear and would not go into reverse. Had to stop switch off the car to get it to go into...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom