e320

1. T

e320 avant guarde towbar

Hi Ive jusy got myself a 20 year old E320 and need a towbar fitting. My local mechanic says its an AMG fitting. Can anyone tell me exactly what I should be searching for? I'm looking for a used one. Thanks
  2. Smaltze

W210 duo valve quick bodge fix

Hi all, My duo valve has failed, it only blows hot. The umbrella things have broken and one is lost. I believe that the source of the problem though don't know for sure. I am taking the car abroad in a couple of days (yes I know it was silly to leave it until until now but I've been too...
  3. Smaltze

w210 e320 cdi wont accelerate properly

i made a thread about this before but id rather start a new one now that i have more detail. Car used to be fine, one day driving the problem just started. everything feels normal, kick down works, can still drive fast. triptronic works perfectly, holds the gear in and lets me rev to...
  4. E

Does this E320 (2004 S211) have air suspension that can fail a-la-Airmatic?

Hello, I have read here and there that S211 have rear suspension leveling, even if they don't have the airmatic option. Is that true? And if yes, does it fail like the Airmatic suspension? Is it as expensive to fix? If that is the case, it means that it is really not interesting to buy...
  5. C

Buying a W211 Estate

So ladies and gents, as some of you may know I have decided to chop the X Trail in against a W211 estate and have spent the last few weeks looking. Been to see two, both lemons with major SBC problems. I have two lined up to see tomorrow so hands off those on Leics! Anyway, I've found this...
  6. C

e320 cdi power loss

Hi, I'm having problems with my S210 e320 cdi (200k miles), it's seriously lacking power. The car will accelerate quite normally up to about 30-40 miles per hour but then just seems to really struggle to gain speed. The car doesn't want to rev up and has no power top end, it struggles to rev up...
  7. L

W124 E320 possible ECU issue

I am hoping that someone can help. I have a 1995 E320 4 speed auto with no ASR or cruise control. I have rewired the engine loom and had to replace the ECU, which was fried! I was told the replacement ECU A016 545 81 25 (purchased used) was compatible with the original ECU A016 545 80 25...
  8. Smaltze

Slipping feeling when pulling hard

My E320 w210 cdi. Used to be a dream accelerating, when I really floored it would rev up easily and fly off. Ever since one day of driving it hard and pulling, it's started to do this slipping type thing. It always happens at 2.5 to 3k revs when really flooring it. It feels like a slipping...
  9. M

Hello From Augusta, Georgia

What a awesome place for MB owners to get together and not only learn but share. I am the original owner of a 1997 E320 and am currently restoring a 2003 Mercedes Benz G-Class G500 that was damage heavily in a wreck. I look forward to posting some of the info that I learned along the way.:D
  10. Smaltze

w210 fan loose

Tried searching about and cant get the info i want. Im not sure what this fan is actually called, its the fan between the engine and the radiator that spins off the pulley system. Somehow, im not sure how the fan has been damaged, two of the blades have corners broken off. i actually believe...
  11. gothic_merc

Aren't mercedes fun

And that's said with a tint of sarcasm. This is not a plea for help just a chance to share experiences. Well I have bagged myself a S210 E320 CDI for a measly £400ish I say that as much is being spent on her. And I absolutely love her. As far as I've driven her, which is about 4 miles and...
  12. Smaltze

Both indicators flashing fast, all bulbs fine.

I managed to fix my left side repeater on the wingmirror, I originally thought was the cause but it seems not. All repeaters/bulbs etc in the whole car now work fine, I've changed the ones that were wrong. Although the dash still comes up as defective light. There seems to be no obvious...
  13. Smaltze

MOT day

Righto, just had my first mot on my w210. Various thing to report, unfortunately its failed.... BUT only on some pesky lamps and indicator problems. My straight pipe exhaust (described on the advisories as 'heavily modified':lol: ) has passed. The upper cat and one of the two lower cats...
  14. Smaltze

W210 lowering woops

Well guys I messed up. I tried fitting the springs I bought that I made a thread about earlier. Neither of them fit, the pigtails are wrong sized and the rear ones are too wide. In a stupid moment of spontaneousness I cut the rear springs by 2 coils instead thinking it wouldn't be so bad...
  15. Smaltze

Rear LCA - Hub carrier Bushing

Hi guys i need a bushing for my w210 2002 e320, Its the one in the rear left hub carrier that fits into the lower control arm bushing. Number 20 in the picture, the part code is apparently MB 220-352-02-27 but im struggling to source it anywhere. This certainly looks right, but can anyone...
  16. Smaltze

E320 W210 Loss of torque after slow driving

Hi guys, Got this anoying and ever more common problem with my w210. when i drive the car normally it goes like a rocket, and if i keep putting my foot down at every oppurtinity it kicks down and blasts off, head back. great. But recently often it has this problem that seems to occur only...
  17. Smaltze

Recently Remapped my W210 E320 + how to.

Hello all, just thought i would post to recommend a company i used for my remap! I have a W210 E320 2002 CDI. I used a KWP2000+ Reader and software, and had my file remapped by www.mychiptuningfiles.com. It was extremely easy and hassle free, my car is a rocket ship now, would highly...
  18. Smaltze

W210 E320 Abs Esp Bas confusing problem

Hi all, i know this is a common problem but mine seems odd and unique. When driving after about 5 minutes normally, can take alot longer, all 3 of the warnings come on. Abs, Esp and Bas. They seem to come on when traveling at a constant speed i think, not atall when touching the brake. I can...
  19. Smaltze

W210 Decat with straightpipe inside experiment

W/S210 E320 2002 I deleted my primary cat a week or two ago inspired by Alexanderfoti's guide, i could definitely feel the effects. Unfortunately i could also feel the negative effects in that i had a noticeable reduction in low end torque and throttle response. It was barely any but enough...
  20. Smaltze

S210 e230 exhaust size

I know its my first post, but im not a total newbie! work with me here. Planning to put a straight pipe on my S210 e320 2002, attached to the single pipe cutting it just before the backbox, anyway measuring that pipe (which goes from the 2nd cats all the way to the backbox) its outside...
Top Bottom