r230

1. 300SL

Looking for an MB SL - R230

I'm looking for an SL as I have always wanted one. I would love a new one, but they're too much money. What would you recommend engine wise and what sort of options should I be looking for (must-haves) and are there options to avoid. Before it is mentioned, I do not want the SL 350, the...
  2. T

R230 SL55 Handling issues

Hi, Yet another issue on the SL. After spanking just shy of £4000 on the suspension after the car just decided to sit down on its tyres, its now (in just over a year) handling like a double decker bus. You feel every bump in the road, the traction control kicks in whenever your right foot...
  3. E

R230 Cannot get into boot

Hi all Got a problem with my dads 2003 R230 SL55, basically we cannot get the boot open. I know the PSE pump has failed as the central locking does not work. I've tried using the key to unlock the boot - but the lock seems to dis-engage and not actually unlock the boot. I thought i...
  4. J

SL (R230) phone module

Does anyone know where the phone module would be located in a 2004 SL350. I didn't opt for a phone prewire but am fitting an aftermarket bluetooth and been informed the car probably has a phone module installed somewhere!
  5. J

r230 replacement steering wheel

Hi, new to this forum but hoping someone can asnwer my query. I have a 2004 SL350 bought from new but I couldn't afford the upgraded wood steering wheel. Having bought one from ebay, I now have the worry that the part may not be compatible with my vehicle. I am about to send it to a workshop to...
  6. G

Service Interval reset R230 2003- 2007

After reading the instructions in the manual with no positive results, and reading 14 different ways to do it, all which didn't work, I thought I'd post it on here, sorry for any duplication. Do not use Keyless Go, switch on with key and go to position 2, do not start the engine. The service...
  7. BRABUS R230

Missing BHP (Possibly)

Hi all :), I have a 2003 SL55 AMG Based BRABUS SK55 K8, I would like to find out if anyone knows what the "Charge Air Temperature" for a standard SL55 AMG should be, I recently had my car put through the STAR diagnostics and my "CHARGE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR" and "INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR"...
  8. BRABUS R230

My (BRABUS) SL55 K8 Ol Leak!

My (BRABUS) SL55 K8 Oil Leak! Hi All I am so sad :(, I took my pride and joy out for a drive at the weekend as it has been parked up for a while during the bad weather, anyway all was well until I hit the motorway, I kicked down at around 50 MPH and as i looked through my rear view mirror all i...
  9. BRABUS R230

Parktronic Issue

Hi everyone, I have noticed a problem that I would like some help with, the parktronic on my SL R230 is now playing up, what happens is the front right display and audible warning goes of constantly at around every 5 seconds when I am stationary even though there is nothing near the sensors...
  10. BRABUS R230

SL55 Selector Lever Troubles

Hi All, I am having trouble with the gear selector lever on my car!:( when it is in "park" mode it now takes a while for me to take it out from the park position, when I press the brake pedal I can hear a relay or solenoid click and I can just about feel a click while my had is on the gear...
  11. BRABUS R230

At Last!!!!

Hi all,:p over the last few months I have been trying make a post on this site without any joy so i have had to start over again with a new user name, I had not posted previously as I was not able to for some reason, so I used to just view other posts without being able to make a comment or...
Top Bottom