sl500

1. B

Best petrol type for Mercedes?

Hi, Just wondering to use for my SL500 2003..70k miles on it? 98 or 95 octane or does it really not matter?
  2. F

Noise coming from fuel tank (broken baffle)?

Hi My SL500 (2003) has a clunking noise when breaking or accelerating and it's coming from the fuel tank. I have been reading up on other MB forums from around world and it looks like other people have had this problem too. All research leads me to believe that this is due to a broken baffle...
  3. L

SL500 remote not working

Hi Everyone, I have a 1996 SL500 R129. My remote locking/alarm arm, disarm has suddenly stopped working. I unlocked my car this morning, and started it up as usual. I then turned it off and went to to lock it but it wouldn't lock. The immobiliser has armed now and I can't start the...
  4. S

2003 SL500 ABS Failure - left side of car lopsided

So I'm having some major issues with my ABS. I had MB in Buckhead look at it and do several fixes while it was under warranty but since the warranty expired, it's all crazy. Since I live and work downtown and my garage is at a strange angle, I need to have my car's "lifter" on all the time so...
  5. L

Pulsing revs

Hi there, I've got a strange problem on my 1996 SL500 R129. The revs pulse when I maintain a speed with very little throttle. It's done it since I bought it 15 months ago. I might be doing 40mph, tiny amount of throttle and after a short while, the revs will drop 100rpm then recover...
  6. J

SL (R230) phone module

Does anyone know where the phone module would be located in a 2004 SL350. I didn't opt for a phone prewire but am fitting an aftermarket bluetooth and been informed the car probably has a phone module installed somewhere!
  7. L

SL500 R129 Wobble

Hi Everyone, I hope someone can help me, my car's got a nasty wobble that's driving me crazy. Up to 55, the car is smooth. Over 55mph, the steering wheel starts to wobble. This gets worse up until about 75 and then gets less severe until about 85-90mph. Meanwhile, once I get to about...
  8. G

SL500 Heartbeat noise... Is it roof motor?

Hi, I have recently bought a Oct 2002 SL500 and can hear what i can only describe as a hydraulic heartbeat noise that is loudest in the spare wheel area. As such i suspect the roof motor. Roof operates perfectly but im concerned this maybe the start of worse to come. I am both new to...
  9. W

W129 Sl500 Backrest

The backrest release handle on my SL500 has stopped functioning. I am guessing that it is cable operated. How do I get into it to see what has broken? Do I have to remove the seat from the car? there is no obvious way to get at the seat internals:confused:
  10. R

Electrical mayhem on 51plate SL500 silver arrow

I have an sl500 silver arrow and suddenly things don't work, ir rather they work under certain conditions (sometimes). The mirrors will no longer retract with the button. The doors have started locking as you drive off and the most annoying thing is that the mirror adjustment won't work unless...
  11. BRABUS R230

£4,000 to Replace SL, R230 Fuel Tank!!!

Hi All, I have recently been getting an annoying noise which sounds like something swinging like pendulum from the rear boot area of my 03 R230 SL, I asked Yoda (Malcolm) and he said it was something inside the fuel tank, on further investigation I have found out that it's not an inherent...
Top Bottom