w115

1. O

W114 air vent removal

Hi Can someone tell me how you get the 2 round - dash air vents out of the dash on a w114 I am trying to change the wood Vernier in the dash. thanks for your help.
  2. V

mercedes w115 200 1976 cuts out once hot after 5 mins starts again

hello i registered here to get some help from you guys who seem to know everything about all mercs. so 10 years ago my dad parked up hes 1976 mercedes 200 w115 with stromberg carb and we have been trying to get it going. so far we have changed all the things that we could possibly think of that...
  3. Tukka

Body panels supplier?

Can anyone recommend a supplier of body panels please? I need a couple of front wings for my W 115,cheapest so far £300 each from Niemoller.I have seen them cheaper but these are for the later W115,mine is the early version and (typically) more expensive.Thankyou.
  4. Tukka

W115 Owners!!

Im about to start on body restoration of my 1973 200D and was wondering if there are any other W115 owners within my area? Im in Ashbourne Derbyshire and would like to view any other cars for reference purposes and/or possible source of spares. Im looking for front bumper or just o/s...
  5. Tukka

Banjo bolt thread ??

Hi,I have had to drill out the remains of a sheared banjo bolt in my water pump housing (part no.915036-005).I have a new banjo bolt to replace it but I need to tap a new thread in thehousing.Does anyone know what this thread size is please? I thought M8 but its finer.Thankyou.
  6. Tukka

W115 Paint code

Hello,could anyone help me decipher my paint code? The car is an off white but the info on the plate makes no sense to me.1973 200D.The plate has these numbers on it, 027 G ,115115 20 8, 22677,80105. It has red vinyl trim.Ive looked at loads of lists of codes but cant find anything that matches...
  7. Tukka

W115 Wiring Diagram needed please.

1973 200D wiring diagram wanted to print off please.I have one in a Chiltons repair manual but it doesn't show the wire colours!!!
  8. Tukka

W115 clutch pedal stuck!!

Just got my 200D running after many years in storage.The clutch pedal was quite stiff to push down,however once it was down to the floor thats where it stayed! Now Im used to clutch plates rusting to the flywheel when in storage which results in them being stuck in gear but Ive never had this...
  9. Tukka

W 115 200D 1973

Hello.Im new to Mercedes ownership having mainly Triumphs but now the owner of a 1973 200D.It seems to be quite a rare model in that it has column change and bench seats.It was originally supplied by a dealer in Hong Kong,perhaps thats why the spec is different to UK ones? `Does anyone on here...
  10. M

Heat in the drivers footwell

Hi, I own a 1975 240d, and over a long period of time the foot well gets really hot. Where would the heat be coming from? The passenger side is fine, just the drivers side. Thanks for looking.
  11. M

New person

Hi all. I've just purchased a 1975 Mercedes 240d. Look forward to getting advice and tips from you guys.
  12. T

Newby with a W115 & a G Wagon - garage needed!

Hi guys, so I've got a 70's 220d w115 and a. 80's G Wagon 300gd, both require varying degrees of work. I need some who knows way around older mercedes particularly for the G wagon, I'm based in Leicester but do not mind getting cars transported. Any garage/ individual recommendations would be...
  13. S

W115 Need two new seat belts and brushes, Parts Help!?

Hi everyone, first time poster here. Just MOT'ing my 1973 Mercedes 200 w115, its failed on the seat belts, anyone know a good place to source these? Its also needs new wheel brushes, four of them! Any advice? :( Thanks in advance :)
  14. W

Looking for parts for my W115

Halo everyone, I am new to this forum. I own a W115 E230.4 1977 Mercedes. I reside in South Africa. I am looking for a carpet set for my car, my two front carpets where in a very bad condition. I would really appreciate it if anybody could help me. Thank you, Wietske:o
  15. R

1974 W115 220 fuelling problem

Hi One of the fuel hoses on my 74 W115 220 broke recently and I replaced it, along with another hose that looked a bit dodge. Shortly afterwards, the fuel pump started leaking petrol so I replaced that too. All seems to work OK again, except that when the engine is warm and I'm...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom