w202

1. silestanix

How To Change Heater Panel bulbs in W202/w208/etc

So I have seen many threads on this topic but no pics, so as mine needed doing again I thought I'd make a sort of how to... First, I'd recommend putting the heater controls in a uniform setting ie both vertical. You'll need a pair of mole grips and a somewhat clean cloth. Secondly,make sure you...
  2. J

w202 starting problems

Afternoon all, tried to start the old girl up this morning after a week of not being driven and she wouldn't start. It's almost starting but dies just before it catches. Got the rac coming out shortly to take a look but just wondering if anyone had any pointers to what this may be. The car is...
  3. C

EPC light on my w202 1997 c220 diesel

Hi everyone, hope you can help me out. I have had my 1997 c220 diesel for about 3 years now, the problem with it is that when I go to start it and wait until the heater light goes out the car runs extremely bad and the EPC light stays on. The car won't take a rev when the epc light is on...
  4. M

'99 C CLass W202 Engine Shuts Off Whilst Driving And Won't Restart

I'm currently experiencing a problem with my '99 C Class W202 The engine shuts down completely whilst I'm driving. I bring the car to a stop at the side of the road and I have to wait sometimes 20 minutes, sometimes an hour and a half before the car will start again. I've owned the car since...
  5. J

W202 C220D which glowplug?

Looking to replace my glowplugs but there are two listed for my 1994 OM604.910 engined non-turbo C220D W202.121. The Delphi part numbers are HDS363 and HDS354 as listed on delphicat.com. The HDS363 appears to be identical to the HDS354 apart from being a little longer (120 vs 114mm) and it heats...
  6. T

W202 Wiper Problem

Hi guys! I have a 1999 C220 CDI with a strange wiper problem. I have extensively read many threads on this but my problem seems to be different to everyone elses. Issues are: 1) Sometimes the wiper will randomly switch itself on in the slow speed position, make a random number of sweeps...
  7. S

W202 instrument cluster upgrade

Hello everyone, I recently purchesed a 1998 C-Class C180. It came with the cream fabric seats which I have upgraded to leather. I was lookin @ the white instrument cluster as an upgrade from my black one. Anyhoo my question is could this be done or would I have a problem with this. And anyone...
  8. H

No remote control

Hi, Bought a used 1995 c220 w202 Basic merc with a faulty central lock and no remote control. The owner doesn't know wither it originally had a remote control. Now that I have fixed the vacuum pumb, Central lock is back to life again. However, how can I know wither this car can use a remote...
  9. T

C200 w202 Won't Start after CAT problem

Hi. I wonder if anyone can help me please? CAT was rattling and then stopped rattling....under strain the car then went into limp home mode...20mph even with full revs. AA man says it's the CAT...new CAT ordered and now inside car waiting for fit. Tried to drive to garage to get CAT...
  10. K

Central locking issue with W202

I have an issue with my 1997 c180 w202. The central locking stopped working the other day. I can unlock and lock via the inside button so the vacuum still works but when I try unlock with the key it doesnt work. The lights on the review mirror dont flash either. I have disconnected...
  11. E

ignition lock

I bought a 97 320, has a very bad ignition lock. Someone tried removing tumbler and messed it up. Half the tumbler is there other half is gone. What do I need to do to fix this. Dealer wants 1000$ to fix. How do I fix it?
  12. G

Mercedes Benz c200 w202 1996

Good Afternoon fellow Mercedes Benz enthusiasts I just wanted some advice on a few things regarding the car I recently received from a family member. The car in question is a Mercedes c200 w202 1996 model which I have tried to register however mechanics are stuffing me around and keep...
  13. O

W202 C240 ABS/ASR issues....

Afternoon all! I've had some 40,000 miles of trouble free (within reason) driving until now. About 6 weeks ago, I got in & turned on the ignition - she fired up but the ASR/ABS warning light stayed on. Scratch head, press the ASR button on dash - lights remain on. Turn off, key out, try...
  14. 9

C240 Sport, 99, Crankshaft position Sensor

My C240 Sport, a 99 model broke down 4 times in one day this week. An RAC man who came out suggested the Crankshaft Position Sensor could be the cause, the car had a few problem starts parking after driving to local shops, the car would start after waiting a little while, then the time to wait...
  15. C

1999 C240 Sport smoking badly ?

I have just bought this car with 76000 miles on it & i love it but a week to the day that i bought it i noticed a small amount of smoke be hind the car just round the corner from home, I left it parked overnight and started it the next morning to investigate it started giving whitish smoke...
  16. rai

W202 Dent Repair

Hi, I have recently joined the club and this is my first post. I own a 1996 W202 Mercedes C180 4 door saloon in Alexandrite Green just over a year now, recently re-newed my insurance. It has been in the family for 4 years now. I need help on 'How to repair a dent'. The dent is an inch long...
  17. P

Central Locking C180 1995 w202

Hi - I can't find anyone with this exact same problem, so wonder if anyone can help. I have a 1995 C180 w202. It uses the IR only, single button remote keyfob. When I bought it it had a brand new keyfob which has now stopped operating the central locking, but will start the car. Fortunately...
  18. J

C220 cdi w202 brake advice

I was going to do the rear brakes on my c220 cdi when the caliper snapped (rotten!!) pistons were seized anyway, so I have found 2 new merc ones for £100!! Except they are for a c180 w202 part number 35/258 same kind though single retaining pin.. Will they fit my car are they the same for the...
  19. B

C180 Immobilised and Key will not unlock car.

Hi All, I just drove down to Winchester to Rescue my Little Sister and am having a nightmare with my dear old C180 Espirit. The one button Key fob will no longer open the car and so the immobiliser is on. The lights on the Rear view mirror do not seem to be working but in truth I am unsure as...
  20. J

Missfire

Hello my c180 1999 has a misfire after a long journey or run up the motorway you turn engine of and restart runs ok no code that I know of

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom