w203

1. C

W203 Steering shake when High Speed Breaking

Hey all. I finally managed to sort out my ESP problem, man am i happy!!! Now my next issue.. I get quite a lot of wobble on the steering wheel when i break at high speeds (any where from 40+). It feels like its coming from the passenger side front wheel. Any ideas?
  2. P

Dead cluster and today dead ignition

Good evening everyone, Our car is a 2002, W203 c180K automatic estate, 62k on the clock and normally drives fantastic. Yesterday I started the car to drive back home, only to realise all cluster lights, gauges, computer etc. were dead (i.e the whole cluster). Apart from that it started...
  3. R

W203 C Class Wing Mirror

Hi, I have bought a replacement wing mirror glass to due a crack in the previous one. I'm hoping someone might have some step by step instructions as I'm having trouble: (1) Clipping the outer wing mirror shell back in place and (2) attaching the glass back onto its mounting. Thank you.,
  4. L

W203 Wing mirror complete removal/refit

Hi this is my first post on here and hope someone can help me. I have a 2003 C220 CDi W203 pre facelift model. Last week some $@&# :mad: hit my near side wing mirror off and smashed the casing and mirror. i managed to pick up a complete replacement on ebay :D. I've managed to get the damaged...
  5. J

Panoramic Roof Plastic Trim

After having my panoramic roof on my '03 c230 coupe fixed, they didn't replace the clips holding the plastic trim pieces next to it and I lost one of my plastic pieces going down the highway today and can't find the piece anywhere on the 'net. Anyone know where I can find that plastic trim piece...
  6. C

C220 CDI W203 Oil and FIlter Change

Hey guys, i have a 2001, C220 CDI Auto (W203). I want to do an Oil and filter change. Are there any guides on how to do this (i am quite new to servicing my own cars). Also does anyone know what weight oils to use? For some reason i have a 5W40 Full synthetic and 15W40 Part synthetic...
  7. D

W203 N/S Rear fog light not working - tried 4 working bulbs

Hi everyone I have a 2002 (built) W203 (South African build). I was checking my rear lights today when I noticed that the N/S rear fog light was not working. I swapped over the bulbs and tried two spare 12v/21w bulbs - all worked in the O/S bulb holder but none in the N/S bulb holder. Is...
  8. N

C-Class (W203) knocking suspension?

I have recently acquired a Sports Coupe C class from 2002 and the Front drivers wheel is knocking when going over a bump in the road. I'm going to guess this could be a common problem at a car with over 100k on it. Does anyone know if this is often just a bush that needs replacing and also if...
  9. N

2002 C270CDI AUTO gearbox in permanent limp home mode.

Hi, Just bought a very nice C270 CDI Estate through the trade but the gearbox is not changing gears at all. It's permanently stuck (probably in second gear) in limp home mode, the tiptronic function doesn't work at all and I feel a jolt when shifting into drive or reverse. My scanner flags...
  10. S

C180 W203 Stereo

Hi all - really sorry if this post is in the wrong place :( My dad recently bought a C180 W203 2001 (Y) Saloon (2.0L) and it came with a sony explode CD Player and a tray underneath. The stereo has been linked to the cigarette lighter for the ignition (even though who ever had put it in had...
  11. C

C220 cdi w203 esp

Hi Guys. I have a C220 CDI 2001 Auto (W203). I have a constant sign that is on that is warning me of a problem with the ESP. What can Cause this? I am not sure if this is related but the Hazard light sign is always flashing as well. Any assitance is much appreciated thanks.
  12. C

Engine Layout Map W203 C220CDI 51 Plate

Hello all, Could someone please take some time out and possibly do a parts map of my engine bay, for example put a number above each part and have a written list of all the coresponding parts? Here's a link to the pics. http://imgur.com/a/4vmb2 I was going to post this in the DIY...
  13. C

Air Filter Housing Wobble

Good Evening All, The Mrs picked me up from work the other day. When she pulled up I thought the 'diesel rattle' was a bit louder than usual. I lifted the bonnet and noticed the air filter housing heat shield was slightly touching a peice of metal below causing a metal on metal rattle...
  14. I

not the usual w203 boot lock problem

Hi all, First proper post so go easy. Ive done quite a bit of searching on this problem and all I seem to find is the usual boot latch needs replacing but thats already done so I think this may be a tad more rare. My boot wouldnt open from the remote when I bought the car and upon inspection...
  15. smudgelab

2007 W203 220 CDI Coupe alarm issue...

Hi, hoping for a simple (& cheap!) answer to this...:D. Haven't done anything at all out of the ordinary but for the last 4 days, my alarm has been randomly setting itsself off. Early in the AM, early in the evening, windy, still, dry, wet, cloudy & sunny (all of that in 4 days! Good old GB...
  16. N

w203 220 CDI hunting revs at various speeds

Hi, I have a C Class W203 220CDI which has a habit of the revs hunting and fluctuating by about 200 revs, this happens at various speeds and revs. Any ideas what could be the cause of this, I've checked lots of threads but cannot find this particular fault. Its worse at around 70mph but will...
  17. T

W203 running slow, 40mph max

Wifes C200 CDi is running roughly. About 2 weeks ago I took it out for a spin, and after accelerating passed another car, the engine management light came on, and the car seemed to lack power. Took it home and left it overnight.. Next day, engine management light was off, and car was running...
  18. grahamwoodward

C240 (W203 2001) Central Locking problem

Hi Apologies if I've added to other threads along the same lines, but car is driving me mad. My 2001 C240 (W203 elegance auto saloon) has developed a fault with the central locking. It won't lock from a distance. Changed the batteries in both fobs. Still doesn't work, sometimes even when...
  19. C

Oil Overfill Issue

Hi all, double post from the other popular site but I'm desperate for opinions! 2 days ago I put my beloved W203 C220 CDI into kwik-fit for an oil change. The car isn't due a service for a good while but I thought I would, as a good will gesture for being good over the winter, give the car...
  20. N

2005 W203 C220 CDI Auto Gearbox problem

Hi, I need some help with a gearbox issue on my C220 CDI Auto. Whenever I try the kickdown the car goes into "limp home" mode. It does it ONLY if kickdown is attempted OR if I press the throttle quite hard. The diagnostics (not Star!) show various codes to do with implausible or impermissable...
Top Bottom