w209

1. M

W209 CLK320 starting issue

Hi all, I have an intermittent starting issue with my '03 CLK320. About 25% of the time, when I turn the key to start the car, all the "position 2" stuff happens like normal (the steering lock comes off, the dash powers up, the seatbelts come out etc.) but when I turn it to position 3 to start...
  2. I

Electrical fault on 2003 CLK320 convertible w209 where do I start?

Hi everyone, finally signed up been going through these forums offline for so long thought it's about time. I've just bought this mercedes clk320 convertible, with a gearbox issue, which has now been resolved. However, all these electrical issues have come up on their diagnostic which I need...
  3. I

W209 Parking Brake Adjustment and Pedal Return Issue

I've browsed various forums and threads and haven't been able to solve this. First of all is the adjustment. At the last MOT I believe the parking brake was flagged as having no effect and I presume the garage adjusted it. After that it felt like the brakes were binding a little, perhaps it was...
  4. D

CLK (W209) convertible - water bags not retracting correctly

I have a 2005 CLK convertible whereby when the roof closes the 2 waterbags "poke out" from either side of the rear window, which I am lead to believe is a known fault on the W209. Does anyone know a company that repairs this issue? the rest of the hood is in excellent condition so I dont want to...
  5. AMG BUG

Looking for first AMG - Advice & Tips

Hey Guys I have decided to add AMG to my collection of cars (currently own 2016 S3) CLK 280/320/55 AMG (2002-2005) Is there anything I should particular be looking out with faults? CLK55 AMG (W209) Crankshaft position sensor Engine mounts on these good or bad as E55 (W210) are notorious for...
  6. C

2003 W209 1.8 Gurggling/bubbling when revving engine, sluggish starting, and P0120 fault

Hi guys, As my first post and my first Mercedes, hope someone can give me some guidance on a couple of issues i have been having with my 2003 w209 200. As the title suggests, I have been experincing a gurggling/bubbling noise when putting my foot down on the gas pedal. I recently left my fog...
  7. Shedofdread

W209 boot lid issues

Just thought I'd post this info in case it helps anyone else. Or perhaps everyone already knows..? In which case sorry for the waste of bandwidth.... Recently I was working on an older but really rather nice W209 CLK. The boot lid needed to be stripped down and on removing the lower, outer...
  8. L

New member new to clk world all be it an old one!

Good evening all new here just bought a CLK 220CDI Old 57 plate having issues with auto headlights inoperative although they always are on when I set to auto thanks to dark miserable days so they seem to active anyway I have tried a second hand unit which was advised as tested/working I have...
  9. mydan99

CLK350 05 W209 Temp Gauge Fluctuates

Hi All, Before i describe my issue and seek advice, i have extensively searched multiple forums about the issue i am having but i am not entirely sure what the fault might be - i am hoping someone has faced the symptoms before and fixed the underlying issue. I have a 2005 CLK350 with the...
  10. I

W209 CLK 320 Brake Woes

I've had a long standing problem with the parking brake with the foot pedal not springing back once released. It started with it not coming all the way back up and the light staying on until giving it a little help hooking a foot underneath to bring it up all the way. That developed into it only...
  11. M

W209 bodykit on w203

I'm torn between a w209 and w203 I love this kit for the w209 but would probably prefer the w203 for the room. How far off would I be if I tried fitting this to the w203? To my untrained eye the cars look almost identical other than ones a coupe the other is a more door
  12. J

CLK55 won't start - error code P0112

Strange issue with my CLK today. Headed off to work and car started fine, then 2 minutes up the road, I remembered that I'd forgotten something so headed back home. Pulled up outside and ran in the house to grab what I needed (was in the house all of 2 minutes) and then came back out, jumped in...
  13. Droverunner

W209 CLK Front brake disc shield replacement & hub removal advice.

Doing a track rod end yesterday I found about a third of the rusty nearside front disc shield flapping like a hinge so it could touch the disc. So I broke it off to stop the loose section getting trapped in the brakes but now want to replace the disc shield. Seems you need the disc and hub...
  14. D

Possible alternator/earth issue on a 2007 W209 M272 E30

Hi all, I recently replaced the alternator with a refurbished unit and now I have an issue with the engine not ticking over smoothly when I have my lights on and certain lights are flickering - interior and rear lamp clusters. Is this a faulty alternator or maybe just a badly connected earth...
  15. Irresistance

W203/W209 M271 Alternator Pulley Stuck...

Right so... the pulley of the alternator in missus' car has started to have a bad attitude and decided to create problems. Red battery light on dash came on, wife pulled over. I open the hood, and the power steering fluid from the pump had leaked out. So I replaced the pump, thinking that maybe...
  16. M

2002 CLK500 Brake failure

Good evening all. I have had a CLK500 for the last year, it was CAT C'd back in 2008 and put straight back on the road with all the correct paperwork. MOT'd & serviced by an Indy Merc garage 3 months ago, currently 86k on the clock. Last week whilst in the outside lane of the M25 the brakes...
  17. C

w209 system too lean P0171

Hi all...experienced advice required again. Car running well and I get the engine warning light. Bought a code reader and it comes up P0171 system too lean, bank 1. Could this just be poor quality fuel as I filled up at a different garage? Is there anything I can check for leaks or clean? I...
  18. J

A couple of newbie questions

1. I bought a 2003 CLK 320 with a beige leather interior. The car came with a mobile phone installation screwed into the dash of the car. (see image). Two big screws were used to attach the hand set to the car dash I want to replace the piece of trim thats been damaged. Anybody know where the...
  19. C

bang to front wheel now vibration under braking

Our beloved W209 had a bang on the front offside wheel / wing and ever since it has a bad vibration only on that wheel, noticeable at 40mph when braking and getting worse under braking at 50,60,70mph. It seems worse when going downhill. The vibration can be felt through the brake pedal a little...
  20. J

W209 CLK seat stopped working

Hi, The electric driver's seat in my 2003 W209 CLK has suddenly stopped working completely. It doesn't move forward/back, doesn't tilt, and the headrest doesn't move either. The headrest has also stopped going down when the seat is pushed forward to get in the rear of the car. All was working...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom