w209

1. H

CLK 500 ESP Visit Workshop + Tiptronic visit workshop

Help please. Proud owner of 2005 CLK500 convertible. Had it about a year. About a month ago two malfunctions came up: ESP Malfunction drive to workshop plus Tiptronic drive to workshop. My mechanic checked with his STAR and said it was a faulting steering angle sensor and changed it. Yesterday...
  2. J

Rear Headrest - W209 CLK (not cabriolet)

Hi, Both the rear headrests in my W209 2003 CLK (tintop not cabriolet) are suffering from flaking leather. It's an Avantgarde with light and dark grey interior and the rear headrests are manual as far as I know - just a release button to flip them up/down. I am looking to replace them with...
  3. A

W209 Heater controls - help please!

Hi All, Firstly, apologies if this has already been discussed. I found some discussions about a similar issue in W203s and another mentioning duo valves, which apparently the W209 (CLK) doesn't have so I am well and truly going mad. When I turn the temperature on my climate panel to 18...
  4. L

CLK w209 Comand retrofit

Hi Guys, I'm looking to retrofit a Comand unit to my 2006 w209 CLK (Face Lift). I have done a lot of reading on the topic but want to make sure that I'm 100% familiar with the process & know what I'm doing whilst at it - without having any concerns or uncertainties. I'll only be choosing...
  5. properwounded

Has anyone used this shop before

I am looking to buy a new catalyst for my car as I'd prefer it was fixed properly and not cut out and welded back up, my local garage has quoted £253 just for the part after phoning up a supplier whilst I was there. Part Number BM91120H I looked on ebay and found an equivalent part, for £30...
  6. A

w209 Clk Fuel cap jammed

Hi Guys, Extremely low on diesel i get to the petrol station and my fuel cap is not opening?? What can i do? i don't think the clk has a emergency release lever. Any ideas?
  7. M

Lowering a W209

Hi all, new to the site but it looks very useful. I have a 2007 W209 that I am fitting with an Extreme bodykit. I am lowering it by 40mm all round and I have been told that 20" wheels will fit when kit is done. Anybody any experience of this as I don't know what size spacers to buy and if 20"...
  8. S

About to buy a MB CLK200K/W209

Hi all, I've joined these forums to get a good idea of what I'm about to get myself into by buying a MB. I have now finished my search and looking to buy a CLK200K W209 model. Currently I am in talks with a 2002 model owner and plan to buy it from him for 2700 EURO. Currently I am in final...
  9. K

Advice/Help re W209 CLK55 2006

Hi, looking for some help/advice to locate a couple of parts I need for my 2006 CLK55 cabriolet. Following knee surgery this week my fiancé was using the car () to pick up our daughter and went down a curb on full left lock trying to accelerate onto the road. There was a nasty crunch as we...
  10. A

W209 CLK rear foglight on when not switched on

Hi all, I have just bought a 2004 CLK 200 Kompressor. Love the car, such a great drive. One thing that I have noticed though and it really bugs me is that my left rear foglight comes on as soon as I switch the headlights on. If I swich the fog lights on, the left one stays on and the right...
  11. N

2006 W209 CLK Mirrors folding problem

Hi, I have a strange fault with the folding of both electric mirrors which started suddenly a week ago. When you press the button on the light control panel to open the mirrors nothing happens. When you unfold them with your hand (they don't lock into place) and press either the open or...
  12. J

Faulty Latch on Glove box - Help!!

I have seen quite a few references to this problem, although I have yet to see anyone post a solution to this. Can anyone please point me in the right direction? In short I have a CLK 240 (W209) the latch on the glove box does not catch anymore. So am stuck with the problem of an open...
  13. J

SeekinAdvice for Faulty Glove box. CLK 240 (w209)

I have seen quite a few references to this problem, although I have yet to see anyone post a solution to this. Can anyone please point me in the right direction In short I have a CLK 240 (W209) the latch on the glove box does not catch anymore. So am stuck with the problem of an open...
  14. P

Connecting Accessories W209

I have just replaced my beloved 300CE with a CLK320CDI (thanks to a clumsy neighbour writing it off!) In the 300CE it was a relatively easy job to hook in additional accessories - Tomtom satnav, in-car video camera etc - but I am reluctant to start poking around in this pristine new(ish) car...
  15. B

CLK AMG gearbox

Hi, but of a random question but does anyone know if the 5 speed CLK55 AMG W209 gearbox can be changed for a 7 speed one? Would surely mean much more mpg with them extra gears?
  16. N

W209 CLK 220CDI Remote window closure

Hi, I just got a 2006 CLK220 CDI and have a small problem with the electrics. The side windows open remotely but for some reason don't close when locking the car. I press and hold the lock button without releasing but no joy. They work perfectly from the interior switches. I just replaced...
  17. B

CLK55 AMG engine change w209

Hi all. I have a 2003 CLK55 cabrio, the car is great, other then the long list of faults that keep appearing quicker than I can get them fixed, but the major one at the moment is an oil leak. However yesterday my friend was behind me (he's an ex mechanic) and he said when I put some power down...
  18. S

w209 cdi 220 where does the egr vac pipe go to?

hi just wondering if anyone can tell me where the vac pipe off the egr valve switch/actuator goes its conected at the egr end but it is hanging loose at the other i dont know if someone has done this on purpose or dislodged it i just dont know where it goes please help?also car hesitates...
  19. B

clk270cdi cold starting problems

hi folk can any one assist me further, thanks to some recent posts ive found out the need to replace the seals on the fuel lines , but the problem im now having is i cant seem to get the fuel back to the pump, is there maybe a slave lift pump that i should be checking as the fuel pump was...
  20. A

W209 drivers door rattling problem

Hi Forum, i suspect something is lose in the drivers door causing it rattle when i close the door it is now becoming more and more unbearable. does anyone have any advise or how to guide on tackling this problem? please help!!!
Top Bottom