w212

1. jeremy156

2010 W212 E350 CDI OM642 - cooling fan running

Hi all, I'm sometimes noticing that the radiator cooling fan is running at the end of a run when I wouldn't expect it. I don't know whether it's running throughout - I just notice it as I slow enough to hear/notice it. This has been on perfectly normal warm-ish days (16-18 degrees C) with...
  2. S

What is the latest firmware/software version for W212 Audio 50 APS?

Gents, Today I visited MB Bristol for service. Upon completion of the work I asked if there is any new firmware/software update for the Audio 50 APS unit on my 2011 W212, they said they always update the software to the latest one. I checked the unit and it still showing the original software...
  3. A

W212 Seatbelt Failure

I had a recent failure of front seatbelt inertia release - requiring complete replacement (apparently). Naturally this happened just before MOT was due. Has anyone else had a seatbelt failure on a 5 year old, low mileage car? It seems to me to be unusual to happen so early in the life of...
  4. I

W212 Audio 50 APS AUX question

Hi, I have a 2011 W212 with the audio 50 APS and media interface fitted. When I press the 'disc' button, the display shows CD, Media interface and AUX as inputs. I know what the CD and Media interfaces are, but what is the AUX one? Is there another socket I have not found? What can I plug...
  5. ProjexDesignUk

NEW 18" SoA 7.1 wheels concave -

e have just haad delivery of the NEW concave wheels from SoA wheels... SOA CC|7.1 18"x8 front 18"x9 rear ( concave rear profile) £699.00 wheels only Matte gunmetal / matte machined face To fit - Mercedes C Class W204 - 2007> Mercedes E Class W212 - 2009> Mercedes E Class Coupe -...
  6. roop_the_loop

12V socket hidden, where to get power?

Hi All, The 'cigarette lighter' socket in my E-class is hidden under a sliding cover in the centre console - see this picture, where the red circle roughly indicates the location: Looks great, of course, but not very helpful if you want to keep something plugged in permanently. I...
  7. roop_the_loop

Connecting iPod to Audio 20 (E220, W212)

Hi All, Newbie alert - first time poster! Also, a bit of an odd question, hoping that someone out there has come across this before... I have a new E220, and I'm trying to connect my iPod to the USB interface of the Audio 20 ent unit. I first tried with my daughter's new-ish iPod Touch...
  8. W

Roof bars C320 and W212

Can anyone help, completely confused by Thule. I have roof bars from my old c320 and I can't see why Thule want me to buy the full kit [bars, fixing kit and feet] to fit my new W212. They imply I need a shorter bar for the W212 which is about 12.5cm wider than the C320. I was hoping that all...
  9. D

E350 Cdi Coupe (W212) Interior quality problems - anyone else?

I have a E350 Cdi Coupe that I purchased in May 2010. Whilst I think it's a fabulous looking that the drives really well I can't believe the amount of niggly build quality problems I've experienced, for a car with just over 10k miles on it. Is there anyone else out there with the same car...
  10. D

W212 Power Steering Faliure

Anybody else had problems? The power steering on my W212 200CDi failed twice in a month (at 9 months old ). The second time the pump failed without warning whilst I was on a winding road and nearly sent me straight on into a rock face..... This is my first Mercedes - I bought it because I...

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom