£200,000 Car

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2021 213 E300e estate 216Cdi Sprinter (stretched limo)
For those that want to go off-roading in a high-end Chelsea tractor then has Mercedes raised the bar?

At 10:38 minutes... If the vehicle's a rocking, then do not come a knocking

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Nasty, the normal GLS 63 is a much better looking car IMO, all the MB 4x4 with that suspension can do that, loads of videos of them driving through Chelsea doing it

OP
kotecki

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I am not a fan of Chelsea tractor's and that thing takes top prize in my dislike league of SUVs. I like a light interior but white, in a 4x4??

I think Poole has one of the hottest property hotspots in the UK, so are they confident of selling the thing, or is it a demonstrator loaned from Mercedes-Benz UK

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
OP
kotecki

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Once we own one of those expensive toys, we could take a 7 day break although fuel is on top of the 1.8million euros per week. What would be more thirsty, the Maybach or my little yacht??

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Once we own one of those expensive toys, we could take a 7 day break although fuel is on top of the 1.8million euros per week. What would be more thirsty, the Maybach or my little yacht??
MY Shemara is what I'd have:

index.php

I organised some work on the 130m MY Serene

Serene.jpg

Ron240

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Sold - 2021 CLA 35 Premium.
I quite like Nick O'Leary, but he really should have learned how to pronounce Maybach correctly.
The correct pronunciation is 'mybach'
I will forgive him for getting the 'ch' wrong because most people in the UK outside of Scotland do see to have a problem with this, but in that case he really should have said 'mybak'.

OP
kotecki

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If I won the Euro-lottery I would not buy that My-back or whatever. I would go for a nice S-class, but NOT an AMG version... Seems a contradiction... I suppose as a run-around I would go for an SL55 AMG (wouldn't want a bigger engine) :cool:

Can't see the sense in owning a superyacht unless you use it like a friend of ours. He was in England and decided he and his wife wanted to see the whales off the coast of Alaska. His 'boat' was in Fort Lauderdale Miami... He phoned up the skipper, told him to meet him at Vancouver, worked out the time it would take for his yacht to go down, through the Panama Canal and then up the West coast to Vancouver. They flew to Canada, then had a nice cruise off the coast of Alaska, drifted amongst a pod of whales, then went to a National Park to watch brown bears catching salmon and giving those fish to their cubs (he kindly gave me a DVD of his holiday. After a 14 day cruise, he flew home and sent his boat down to the West Indies!! What a life.. Going from Fort Lauderdale on a luxury cruise ship, down to the Panama Canal and then up the west coast is absolutely brilliant... Cinema, with theatre, excellent acts and my favourite... everyday event... a top speaker, be they an astronaut, ex-Formula 1 driver, RAF pilot that got shot down over Iraq, the list is endless but on a superyacht..... Fourteen days at sea can be quite tedious

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If I won the Euro-lottery I would not buy that My-back or whatever. I would go for a nice S-class, but NOT an AMG version... Seems a contradiction... I suppose as a run-around I would go for an SL55 AMG (wouldn't want a bigger engine) :cool:

Can't see the sense in owning a superyacht unless you use it like a friend of ours. He was in England and decided he and his wife wanted to see the whales off the coast of Alaska. His 'boat' was in Fort Lauderdale Miami... He phoned up the skipper, told him to meet him at Vancouver, worked out the time it would take for his yacht to go down, through the Panama Canal and then up the West coast to Vancouver. They flew to Canada, then had a nice cruise off the coast of Alaska, drifted amongst a pod of whales, then went to a National Park to watch brown bears catching salmon and giving those fish to their cubs (he kindly gave me a DVD of his holiday. After a 14 day cruise, he flew home and sent his boat down to the West Indies!! What a life.. Going from Fort Lauderdale on a luxury cruise ship, down to the Panama Canal and then up the west coast is absolutely brilliant... Cinema, with theatre, excellent acts and my favourite... everyday event... a top speaker, be they an astronaut, ex-Formula 1 driver, RAF pilot that got shot down over Iraq, the list is endless but on a superyacht..... Fourteen days at sea can be quite tedious
I did that for 5 years, it's not tedious in the slightest

OP
kotecki

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I did that for 5 years, it's not tedious in the slightest
You stayed at sea for 14 days without sighting land and possibly no other shipping and maybe even longer.. You were on holiday and NOT working on the yacht????... So what did you do? I guess 'I spy' would quickly get boring?

Just confirmed with my friend and from memory the motor yacht took five to six week maybe a bit longer to get to Vancouver. The crew are obviously busy for the duration of the voyage. He opted to fly out to Vancouver as that extended period would have bored his family to tears. As a single man being an engineer on a superyacht would be a brilliant life.

On the cruise ship I spent days out on our private balcony but there was so much to do to occupy my brain. I think the longest spell we did at sea was eight or ten days!!

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You stayed at sea for 14 days without sighting land and possibly no other shipping and maybe even longer.. You were on holiday and NOT working on the yacht????... So what did you do? I guess 'I spy' would quickly get boring?

Just confirmed with my friend and from memory the motor yacht took five to six week maybe a bit longer to get to Vancouver. The crew are obviously busy for the duration of the voyage. He opted to fly out to Vancouver as that extended period would have bored his family to tears. As a single man being an engineer on a superyacht would be a brilliant life.

On the cruise ship I spent days out on our private balcony but there was so much to do to occupy my brain. I think the longest spell we did at sea was eight or ten days!!
I spent a month at sea from Cape Town to Sydney, didn't see anyone. It was great

OP
kotecki

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I spent a month at sea from Cape Town to Sydney, didn't see anyone. It was great
But were you working on the ship/yacht boat. Yup we've been to both locations

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Can't see the sense in owning a superyacht unless you use it like a friend of ours.

As a friend of mine that sells Sunseekers and the like says "The only kind of boat to go on is your friends, you may as well sit in front of a fire and throw £50 notes in it as own a boat"

Rob7seven

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2020 AMG C300
As a friend of mine that sells Sunseekers and the like says "The only kind of boat to go on is your friends, you may as well sit in front of a fire and throw £50 notes in it as own a boat"

That's a big improvement on the quote by ex-PM, the late Edward Heath. He said that owning an ocean racing yacht was like standing clothed under a cold shower tearing up fivers, but I suppose that's inflation for you.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
There are two days that make boat owners happy.
The day they buy their boat and the day they sell it.

OP
kotecki

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
But did you sail between them?
Many a time and I think in the Royal Navy we commenced a six week exercise sailing from Simonstown to Sydney, multiple ships from multiple countries but that was work... 6hrs on, 6hrs off for six chuffing weeks! If you were on a super yacht that cruised from Cape Town to Sydney, then it must have been some size. No way could my friend's yacht even cross the Atlantic (it gets a lift)
but Blob, I keep asking were you crew or on holiday? There is a world of difference and I would also enjoy working on a motor yacht sailing round the West Indies, Alaska or maybe even the Med :) Definitely the Aegean (doey eyed with happy memories).

Sat on the upper deck for six weeks with absolutely nothing to do is not what I would call fun!! Working on a ship, then yes, I can relate to it, done it, got the T-shirt. I can fully understand why my friend elects to send his motor yacht to the area where he wants to cruise. One or two days at sea, stretch your legs, go sight seeing, meet the local people, then off to the beach for an hour or three.. But hand on heart... A World Cruise on a nice cruise ship with a great itinerary, great entertainment and fantastic speakers is the way to go.. I think Lord Robert Winston is up there regarding brilliant speakers and in the evening they welcome having a private chat with you but by crikey Lord Winston is an extremely clever geezer!! And at sea on a superyacht, you simply do not get this type of entertainment to pass away those days at sea.
£50 notes being burnt full time might work!!:oops::oops: A VERY rough figure is approximately 10% of the vessel's value should be budgeted for just the ANNUAL maintenance. Not salaries, not fuel, not mooring fees, just maintenance!! My friend's motor yacht is not that big, it has a full-time crew of just two... The chef and the captain but their pay is NOT cheap. I dread to think of how many tons of fuel those big beast burn but hey.... If you've got it, flaunt it

The last time we were in Dubai, I took these two pictures. The larger vessel being our superyacht!!! Just joking MY Dubai The thing even has it's own submarine!! The last warship I served on was just over 2000 tons, this superyacht is in a different league. You can see just a few of her crew on the upper deck and having sailed with.. NOT on the Royal Yacht Britannia, this superyacht makes the Britannia look quite 3rd class (oh the memories) Can we see the old QE2 in the background of one of my pictures?

MY Dubai JGS_3763.jpg JGS_3761 Smeralda.jpg

OP
kotecki

kotecki

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
5 years.. spent longer on a wave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is that the proverbial Royal Wave and if so your arm must ache ;););)

Don't forget that other sailor's dity, I was in Baghdad, before you were in your dad's 'female multi-purpose accouterments container' .................................. (Too polite to end that sailor's ditty)

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Many a time and I think in the Royal Navy we commenced a six week exercise sailing from Simonstown to Sydney, multiple ships from multiple countries but that was work... 6hrs on, 6hrs off for six chuffing weeks! If you were on a super yacht that cruised from Cape Town to Sydney, then it must have been some size. No way could my friend's yacht even cross the Atlantic (it gets a lift)
but Blob, I keep asking were you crew or on holiday? There is a world of difference and I would also enjoy working on a motor yacht sailing round the West Indies, Alaska or maybe even the Med :) Definitely the Aegean (doey eyed with happy memories).

Sat on the upper deck for six weeks with absolutely nothing to do is not what I would call fun!! Working on a ship, then yes, I can relate to it, done it, got the T-shirt. I can fully understand why my friend elects to send his motor yacht to the area where he wants to cruise. One or two days at sea, stretch your legs, go sight seeing, meet the local people, then off to the beach for an hour or three.. But hand on heart... A World Cruise on a nice cruise ship with a great itinerary, great entertainment and fantastic speakers is the way to go.. I think Lord Robert Winston is up there regarding brilliant speakers and in the evening they welcome having a private chat with you but by crikey Lord Winston is an extremely clever geezer!! And at sea on a superyacht, you simply do not get this type of entertainment to pass away those days at sea.

£50 notes being burnt full time might work!!:oops::oops: A VERY rough figure is approximately 10% of the vessel's value should be budgeted for just the ANNUAL maintenance. Not salaries, not fuel, not mooring fees, just maintenance!! My friend's motor yacht is not that big, it has a full-time crew of just two... The chef and the captain but their pay is NOT cheap. I dread to think of how many tons of fuel those big beast burn but hey.... If you've got it, flaunt it

The last time we were in Dubai, I took these two pictures. The larger vessel being our superyacht!!! Just joking MY Dubai The thing even has it's own submarine!! The last warship I served on was just over 2000 tons, this superyacht is in a different league. You can see just a few of her crew on the upper deck and having sailed with.. NOT on the Royal Yacht Britannia, this superyacht makes the Britannia look quite 3rd class (oh the memories) Can we see the old QE2 in the background of one of my pictures?

View attachment 71865 View attachment 71866
562’ or 168m, and $400m build cost in 2006.

She’s a big one. 32 guests and 88 crew.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom