04 e200 service brake

Willie

Reaction score
Hi
I am getting a white service brake visit workshop notification on my dash. Sometimes the dash says no malfunction and sometimes it says 1 malfunction..
If the brake switch was faulty would that mean the brake lights wouldn't come on (which they do )
If sbc pump is the problem can it be reprogrammed ( car is old but low mileage)
What should I look out for ?
Otherwise car in great shape
Thanks..

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
Brake pads low possibly. ?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
SBC timer sounds likely, it can be reset although much cheaper than it used to be to get it serviced - find a decent MB indie

OP
W

Willie

Reaction score
Thank you for your help.
I've had the pads and sensors replaced and that job needed to be done.
My dash now says no malfunction but when I turn the engine on the visit workshop notice re appears.
I had the work done in a small local garage and I think they just don't know how to clear the dash ( good at the actual mechanical work though).
Any ideas on what I could do myself.
Tkx again.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
The SBC pump will have reached it preset actuations limit, depending on the error code read through STAR you may be able to have an update to extend the limit if it passes other tests (pump pressure and build time limits), after that then it’s a case of refurbishment of the pump and reset of the actuations count.
Please whatever you do don’t buy a reset dongle and just reset the counter without having the other work done, if you do the next time the pump runs it CAN fail, leaving you with 10% braking capacity (and no that % isn’t an exaggeration that really is what Mercedes’ themselves confirm).

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OP
W

Willie

Reaction score
Thanks for that very good advice . I certainly will not use such a gadget as above. The problem seems to have been the pads /sensors which are now replaced. It's just a matter of clearing the dash now the work is done.
Thanks..

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Easy to clear for any garage tbh. A few ign cycles usually clears it if the sensors are located properly.

OP
W

Willie

Reaction score
Easy to clear for any garage tbh. A few ign cycles usually clears it if the sensors are located properly.
Thanks
Can the malfunction be cleared off the dash without going to a garage.?

The car has just gone through and passed it's annual rest.
Tkx.

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Thanks
Can the malfunction be cleared off the dash without going to a garage.?

The car has just gone through and passed it's annual rest.
Tkx.
Brake service and break wear are two different things, this won’t fix itself, with a general code reader you can try resetting the error but it will come back,

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom