07 Merc Sprinter 311cdi problem has me beat

load2go

Reaction score
Website
www.load2gotransport.co.uk
Your Mercedes
311cdi
Well this has got me beat.
Other day I done 200 miles and here a vibration coming from the engine only when ticking over. Got me back home ok.
I called into Merc they say its the Tensioner or pulley. I change both and still the same, the only bearing making a noise is the power steering pump so I change that today and STILL the same.
When I run the engine with no belt is perfect so the problem has to be there.
I put an old V belt on and its allot quieter.
So I go and buy another pulley just incase and a new V belt. This has got to work, dose it hell, louder with brand new Merc V belt on.
I have put the old V belt back on as its the quietest. When watching from underneath the tensioner is jumping up and down very slightly. Not the bearing it self the tensioner bit that tightens the belt. There is nothing wrong with any of the pulleys.

mersum1es

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W212/-09/350CDI, W219/-07/320CDI, EX:W220/-01/320CDI, EX:W211/-04/320CDI, EX:W210/-01/270CDI
Alternator freewheel pulley?

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
He is right. The alternator pulley causes horrible vibrations through the belt train

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom