107 Oil seal kit for steering box

PeterWright

Reaction score
Hi
Any ideas where I can purchase an oil seal kit for a steering box for a mercedes 500sl 1982 without going to a main dealer.
I only need one oil seal which is proving to be a pain size to get.
that is 33mm o/d 21mm shaft and 8mm thick

regards

Peter

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
you can get a seal by getting the number off it and find a supplyer on the net or purchase a full seal kit from mercs, not a lot of money and not worth the hassle tracing one down.

OP
P

PeterWright

Reaction score
Many thanks for your reply
I have contacted mercedes and they said I needed two different kits to complete the total overhaul of oil seals and o rings. These were coming at a costing of £45.00 each plus V.A.T.
Since speaking to them I have managed to get most of the seals all but one. So I guess all I need now would be one of these kits which will have this seal in it.
I have the seal out reading the seal number is virtually impossible.

Peter

Rasputin

Reaction score
I guess you are referring to the input shaft seal (the small blue seal on the pic below)
Unfortunately MB do not sell them separately from the repair kit at the price you quoted. The kit can be had in Germany for around £25 and if you do a search on ebay Germany for "Mercedes kenkgetriebe" you may find several kits there.
Alternatively drop an email to Brendan of Wunderpartz and he might be able to obtain either a seal or a kit.

steeringboxseals.jpg

steeringboxseals1.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rep-Satz-kenk...ehör?hash=item5882918956&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom