107 ticking behind glove box

richo

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got an odd ticking noise coming from behind the glove box from my 1988 300 SL.

It starts when I press the brake, open a door or open the boot.

It ticks for the same amount of time each time (around 7 secs) and then stops. Sounds a bit like a relay. It then stops and it doesn't start ticking again until I re-press the brake or open a door etc.

I've got the glove box out and the ticking seems to be coming from a box (control box?) about 8cm wide, 5cm deep and 2 cm tall, there seem to be cable connectors plugged into odd.

Even more oddly, when I first bought the car (about 2 years ago) it had this problem. After about 6 months the ticking stopped completely and it wasn't a problem for the next 6 months. But now it's back and has been for about 12 months.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks :)

OP
R

richo

Reaction score
I just checked it today - the ticking last more like 30 secs (not 7 as in my original post)

OP
R

richo

Reaction score
Can anyone help

Hi, can anyone help with the ticking noise?:cry:

OP
R

richo

Reaction score
no alarm or immobaliser fitted

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom