124 wagon as everyday car?

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
If your not bothered by leather (which im not) i think thats not too pricey if it is in top condition. love the colour scheme.

ive had both....leather again now though:cool:

you get what ya pay for in this world...quality ALWAYS costs a bit more;)...bet if you went in there with a handfull of £20s you could get a nice deal on that?

good luck;)

OP
lanciaman

lanciaman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Cabrio (A124) - 1994
Avantgarde car looks lovely. I am a fan of cloth as well - and actually a fan of steel wheels too. Trouble is, and it is perhaps a moot point, with such a car, if subjecting it to being a daily driver, it could soon go from a £5k car to a £1500 car. Those of us who would end up chucking 3 dogs and 2 women (partner and 18 year old) in it on a regular basis - and trust me, the dogs are less messy than the women - risk taking a mint car to a "used" one quite quickly.

Hence the appeal of the 300 24v Couple of pics of it here with any luck.

Happy New Year to all!

Attachments

• 300te 24v 1.JPG
    300te 24v 1.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 21
  • 300 te 24v 2.JPG
    300 te 24v 2.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 20
OP
lanciaman

lanciaman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 Cabrio (A124) - 1994
Avantgarde car looks lovely. I am a fan of cloth as well - and actually a fan of steel wheels too. Trouble is, and it is perhaps a moot point, with such a car, if subjecting it to being a daily driver, it could soon go from a £5k car to a £1500 car. Those of us who would end up chucking 3 dogs and 2 women (partner and 18 year old) in it on a regular basis - and trust me, the dogs are less messy than the women - risk taking a mint car to a "used" one quite quickly.

Hence the appeal of the 300 24v Couple of pics of it here with any luck.

Happy New Year to all!

Ok guys, one last piece of encouragement please!!! This happens this coming week unless someone can talk some sense into me.

£1750 for a 22 year old car. Advisories from last MOT are a cracked number plate and some brakes pipes. 110k miles. Being sold by the original owner.

I know £1750 is not a huge amount, but it is not the purchase price that is the issue, rather the potential lemon! I need to check the rear suspension and underneath. The only other thing is the head is original,so am wary of that.....

I so wish I could be happy with a Astra diesel!!!!

teddycatkin

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W107-SL W124-220te W123-230e W201 2.0
Ok guys, one last piece of encouragement please!!! This happens this coming week unless someone can talk some sense into me.

£1750 for a 22 year old car. Advisories from last MOT are a cracked number plate and some brakes pipes. 110k miles. Being sold by the original owner.

I know £1750 is not a huge amount, but it is not the purchase price that is the issue, rather the potential lemon! I need to check the rear suspension and underneath. The only other thing is the head is original,so am wary of that.....

I so wish I could be happy with a Astra diesel!!!!

keep us updated ?

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom