127mph and no ban?

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I know they are trying to make it fair with taking a week off everyone but it isn't. The loss of a week's wages to someone on 25k a year would be crippling, but a premiership footballer on a million a year wouldn't be affected by the loss of 20k.

OP
dry run

dry run

Reaction score
Website
kb-boatpark.co.uk
Your Mercedes
CLS 350d AMG LIne Premium Plus
there was a bloke yesterday on the M6 up north , got caught doing 145mph racing a Ferrari , he got about a 1k fine and only a 12 month ban , now here's the thing , he had previously been done for speeding , drink driving , driving without a license , driving without insurance ! I cant see how his punishment fits with his past driving record and lack of respect for the law , should be banned indefinitely before he kills someone

I suspect an indefinite ban would quite quickly result in a further offence of driving whilst disqualified to add to his collection.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
there was a bloke yesterday on the M6 up north , got caught doing 145mph racing a Ferrari , he got about a 1k fine and only a 12 month ban , now here's the thing , he had previously been done for speeding , drink driving , driving without a license , driving without insurance ! I cant see how his punishment fits with his past driving record and lack of respect for the law , should be banned indefinitely before he kills someone

All depends on when these other offences were. An indefinite ban probably wouldnt work because if he is as you say, then he would most likely continue to re-offend. Perhaps the police (who can see his previous) consider a charge of dangerous driving next time. This can carry a significant custodial sentence ;-)

keefysher

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W166 GLE350AMG Line 3.0 2017. BMW Z3 2.8 1998.

dbanbery

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 R129 SL500
Goes to prove the old adage 'Yorkshire born, Yorkshire bred, strong in the arm, thick in the head' :D:D

Obviously thought he was strong putting his finger outside at speed.

Bit of a tw4t to be in a memorable car with a memorable registration and put the finger up to a camera that surprise, surprise, takes and records images. :D

Darwin Award contender?

D!ckhe@d award more like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom