129 SL500 bonnet release cable adjustment

bigmal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 2007
I am hoping that you more knowledgeable than I can offer me some advice. I have a late 1995 SL500 192. The bonnet has become increasingly hard to get both bonnet latches to lock at the same time. I have just noticed that the bonnet release cable appears to be a relative new replacement that may not have been adjusted correctly. Fearful of not being able to reopen the bonnet if I follow the poke and hope method can anyone share with me the correct adjustment process? Thank you, Malc

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think there are nut on the bowden cables where they can be adjusted, first lubricate the locks well with oil, the cables must be adjusted so that when the pull handle is pulled the plate on the front locks clear the aperture of the holes

OP
B

bigmal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 2007
Thank you. When it stops raining I will give it a go, Thank you once again

Malc

WG M-B

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 Wagon in black
I would say a damned good lube and your troubles will go...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I would say a damned good lube and your troubles will go...

He said that a new cable has been fitted, we do not know who did the job, thats why I said the adjustment, I agree though often overlooked and never touched till the sad day when they will not open

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom