190 2.5 16v Cossie

anton1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Porsche Boxster S, MY08 S Class
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience of tracking one? Are they competitive even by todays standards? Are they too slow? Do they still handle really well?

I really desire one for non competitive open pit lane track days but wonder if it will be frustratingly slow.

grayb

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E350CDI (S212) 2010
There's an article comparing one of these with a Lotus Carlton and an E29 M5 in Performance Car magazine that I bought a couple of weeks ago. Very interesting read, with some good views about how they feel today.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
I have always been a big fan of a 2.5 cossie. They were very fast and have their place classic performance cars. They certainly have the power but finding a good one now would be tough task

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
I track one. :) Its great fun and well balanced. Just changed the suspension for something stiffer. Junked all the rear interior and boot stuff. Its great fun and lots of sideways action. just fitted s class brakes as stock overheat after 6 or so laps. could do with more power tho, i just pray for rainy days to help. It also drinks oil but it would being bounced off the rev limiter all day ;),

Last edited:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
I track one. :) Its great fun and well balanced. Just changed the suspension for something stiffer. Junked all the rear interior and boot stuff. Its great fun and lots of sideways action. just fitted s class brakes as stock overheat after 6 or so laps. could do with more power tho, i just pray for rainy days to help. It also drinks oil but it would being bounced off the rev limiter all day ;),

I suppose the point on power is inevitable, given the age of the car. Mind you, who has ever complained about too much power?

But as other cars now have rather more power, assuming frictional losses and inertia in the transmission system are unchanged, the increment in power getting to the back wheels must be quite significant in newer cars.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom