190E 3.0

Brock1919

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190E 3.0
So long sotry short
I started a restoration project on a 1990 190E that was laying around for around 20 years.
Pretty much finished the restoration in 1 year but now having a small issue with it.
For clarification the car is a japanese import 1989 2.6 190E. Had to replace the engine and transmission and installed m103 983 engine and transmission from w124 300E.
Car starts fine when cold or warm no issues there. But once the car is warm it runs rich. Unable to drive it or press the throttle it boggs down but never stalls. I'm suspecting the EZL but not sure over it. When it comes to the car i live in a place where 190E's are considered rare and no one knows how to fix these old Mercedes cars so i done everything on my own.
The car has brand new:
# fuel pumps and filters
# fuel accumulator and regulator
# fuel distributor
# wires and coil cap and ignition coil and spark plugs
# fuel lines
# injectors
# radiator and condenser
# alternator and compressor
# OVP relay and fuel pump relay
# throttle position sensor and idle control valve

So basically i replaced everything as far as i know
Still I'm not sure whats causing the issue
It has to do with the cold cycle and warm cycle.
Could it be the EZL or bad ECU and how to test for either of those things ?

Also i have few wires that has been snapped during the engine swap so if anyone knows where those go to that would he Greatly appreciated

In the first picture i can't find where the X11 port electric line connect to
And in the second picture there is a sensor that's located on the front of the engine that is just hanging and need help figuring out where it connect to

IMG_20210714_180211__01.jpg IMG_20210714_180237__01.jpg

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom