1972 350 sl water in cab

john crowley

Reaction score
i would like to know if anyone has any idea where the water gets into the cab on the 350 sl convertable, if so what can i do about it?

OP
J

john crowley

Reaction score
re: 350 sl does anyone know where i can buy a pattern part that shuts over my convertable roof when in the body!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Welcome John,,most water comes in through the air intake box for the heater, and ends up in the passenger foot well.

The drains need cleaning out.

Welcome to the forum:D:D

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
yep. check the 4 drains in total in the air intake (plenums) - take the grilles off and centre fan box covering to access.

you may find its rotted or slight rot. in which case you can fix cheaper by glass fibre, otherwise you need to remove all the dash to weld in new panels.

mine were ok apart from one minor hole at the edge which i treated and then filled with fibreglass filler. i then painted with hammerite after full treatment and its all fine now :)

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
i would like to know if anyone has any idea where the water gets into the cab on the 350 sl convertable, if so what can i do about it?

isnt it annoying when the original poster posts a thread asking a question; gets a couple of members to answer (in good detail) and then doesnt even bother to return back to the forum to see a reply or say thanks. (check join date & last active date)....

rant over but it really gets my goat.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
isnt it annoying when the original poster posts a thread asking a question; gets a couple of members to answer (in good detail) and then doesnt even bother to return back to the forum to see a reply or say thanks. (check join date & last active date)....

rant over but it really gets my goat.

Yes I agree the last time he signed on was the 26-07.

Is it worth writing too much out on a first post

SilverSaloon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124/1994/om606
Yes I agree the last time he signed on was the 26-07.

Is it worth writing too much out on a first post

probably not - seems to happen a lot. i think i wont bother in future or atleast check whether they ahve come back on since joining to see if there are any responses before i bother responding. :(

maybe i'm just in a bad mood today :D i remember i thought at the time (as i usually do) that they may not check back as it often happens on various forums.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
probably not - seems to happen a lot. i think i wont bother in future or atleast check whether they ahve come back on since joining to see if there are any responses before i bother responding. :(

maybe i'm just in a bad mood today :D i remember i thought at the time (as i usually do) that they may not check back as it often happens on various forums.

And yet we have had a very nice new bunch of members who have commentated how good the forum is during this last few days

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom