1977 350 SL bad running

Steven Robertson

New Registration
Reaction score
Hi I have just got myself a 1977 SL350 that has a few issues you might be able to help me with.

I think these might be connected, the heater only blows hot air and the engine idles like a pig. Under the bonnet on the passenger side there are 3 small vacum pipes that for some reason seem to have been cut where they come through the bulk head. At the front of the air filter there seems to be a valve that is sucking in air and it looks like these pipes or 2 of them should be connected here. Anyone know where the pipes should go to? I am also looking for a good place for secondhand spares for the car trim bits and pieces mainly?

All help much appreciated

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
your two vacuum problems are just that, two different problems. could you perhaps post some pictures? otherwise we are passing water into the wind.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom