1977 350sl fuel tank

scott2gogo

Reaction score
is there an inbuilt filter in the tank, was gonna take tank out and give it good clean out as standing for couple years, but seems bitch of a job as connection out of tank will not undo and dont want to wreck the fitting as tank will not come out with fitting on, am going to use wet vac with thin tube on and try to clean out asd best as poss ?, have blown airline up hose to try and clean what is in the tank, cheers andy

OP
S

scott2gogo

Reaction score
malcolm, thanks a lot ,seems my prob is with the strainer will have to try and clean and blow it out from outside as its corroded on and dont want to damage anything , cheers andy

OP
S

scott2gogo

Reaction score
197 35osl

malcolm, have cleaned as much as poss and am waiting new hose pump to filter, if this has'nt done the trick what is strainer made of will i be able to punch a hole in it with a long screwdriver and then i will fit new filter to the hose going into the pump, cheers andy

osc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1971 450SL; 1989 911 3.2 Carrera Targa; 1999 BMW 728i
did you manage to remove the strainer - can you advise on the process. i need to do mine on a 107

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
the strainer is the very large hex, the fuel pipe screws in with the smaller hex (22mm?) but the strainer is separate. it is very difficult to access due to the proximity of drive shafts and floor pan but will come out with the correct socket (46mm ish from memory).

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom