1986 300se (126)

Walshy12345

Reaction score
Hi,

The bonnet liner on my 300SE has started to break up and i need to find a replacement, have you any ideas?

Regards

Mike

louwdj

Reaction score
You should be able to get a replacement liner from Mercedes. Alternative is to look at airconditioning/insulation companies for alternatives. I used a product called Thermoflex bought locally (Johannesburg, South Africa) when I rebuilt a 1966 Jeep Wagoneer. Getting the old stuff and old glue off the bonnet is a pain, needing lots of elbow grease. Easiest to remove bonnet from car - with help. Just mark your hinge attacthment points before removal.

OP
W

Walshy12345

Reaction score
Bonnet Liner adhesive

Thanks for that, i got the liner from MB who told me to go to a store and buy a spray on glue, can you recommend a brand? My local car parts store were reluctant to sell me any for fear of the "high temp in the engine compartment could cause the glue to ignite"

Mike

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom