1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vehicle 1993 W124, Hampshire, £3000

Discussion in 'Mercedes Car Classifieds' started by jeremy156, May 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. jeremy156

jeremy156 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    C209 CLK500 (2004), W124 320E (1993)
    Reluctantly selling my lovely w124 320E. Dated 1993, just before the facelift, there’s an elegance about her that often gets a second glance when passing. It’s been one of two daily drivers for me, taking me nationwide and abroad, many happy miles.

I have spent a lot of time and resources on mechanical work, to the point that she drives and rides very nicely now. I have neglected the bodywork though – so it is time for her to go to a new owner who has the time and skill to address this. There is some poor paintwork and I see several rust patches that need attention.

Almost 126,000 miles on the clock and MOT due in the next couple of months.

To give you an idea of the investment made in this car over past 20k miles, the following have been replaced:

Front lower arms (MB)
    Track rods (MB)
    MAF (Bosch OE)
    Purge value (MB, used part)
    Fuel regulator valve (MB)
    Throttle body rewire (main engine wiring harness had already been replaced)
    Spark plugs
    Front and rear springs (MB)
    Front and rear shocks (Bilstein)
    Engine mounts (MB)
    Gearbox mount (Febi)
    Mid and rear exhaust (Eberspächer OE)
    Front and rear discs and pads (MB)
    Front anti-roll bar and bushings (MB)
    Steering damper (MB)
    Full powder-coat wheel refurb
    Air conditioning condenser
    Radiator
    Differential oil
    Gearbox fluid/filter
    Brake fluid
    … as well as regular oil/filter changes of course.

You’ll enjoy heated front seats, electrically adjusted driver’s seat, a working (if reluctant) sunroof and that famously smooth 3.2l straight six engine matched to the reliable 4-speed gearbox.

She also benefits from a professionally installed audio system comprising Alpine Bluetooth head unit, Alpine amplifier, Rainbow speakers, Phoenix slim subwoofer and reversing camera as well as dashcam wired in.

RBK_2695.JPG RBK_2677.JPG RBK_2680.JPG RBK_2688.JPG RBK_2687.JPG RBK_2692.JPG RBK_2689.JPG RBK_2686.JPG RBK_2685.JPG