1998 c240 sport hesitates on acceleration

c240kev

Reaction score
hi guys am new to the site and have just bought my first merc its a c240 sport 1998 r reg auto

i am having a slight problem with the car when accelerating it seems to take a few seconds for the engine to respond.

when reving the car pressing accelerator pedal say a quarter of the way down the revs go up to say 1500 rpm for a second then drop back down to idle with the pedal held quarter of the way down.

when moving along and applying the kickdown it takes say 3 - 5 seconds to drop a gear but when it does its very responsive

could this be maf sensor or tps ? not very familiar with MB vehicles

thanks kev

rpe2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
His: 2018 E220 d; Hers: 2016 SMAX
Could be the MAF, could also be that the throttle body needs cleaning out.

It'll need to be setup on a computer afterwards..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think the MAF,,you can unplug the thing and see if it goes better,,some do

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom