1st Central Insurance

Hibbo

Reaction score
Anyone used them?

After ploughing through a few of the comparison websites, they are by far, the cheapest quote, less than half the price of the next lowest!

As a cynic I tend to think "if something seems too good to be true, it's probably bollocks", but I've checked the terms of the quote and it is indeed offering what I want (and the same as I've been quoted for elsewhere) with reasonable excesses.

Have I missed something, or am I being too cynical?

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Anyone used them?

After ploughing through a few of the comparison websites, they are by far, the cheapest quote, less than half the price of the next lowest!

As a cynic I tend to think "if something seems too good to be true, it's probably bollocks", but I've checked the terms of the quote and it is indeed offering what I want (and the same as I've been quoted for elsewhere) with reasonable excesses.

Have I missed something, or am I being too cynical?

It is probably not possible to be too cynical, but I found a massive reduction in house insurance last year (buildings and contents, 80% less) and I have had other quotes since which confirm that level of reduction.

Perhaps the insurance industry recalibrates itself from time to time and we were just the first to notice?

BarryF

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
320 cdi avantgarde estate
I just renewed the SL insurance. The original insurer wanted £2600 as opposed to £375 last year. Went with Arriva at £295. The only comment I would make on some of the cheap quotes is back in the 90's I changed all the company vehicle insurance to Swinton as they were a lot cheaper. One of the guys had a ding and the whole experience was a nightmare. Went back to my normal broker after that and am still there.Barry

Reaction score
first central

i joined them last week for one of my mercs £222 instead of £313 quoted by my usual adrian flux

dizzy lizzy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL129 (diesel),2 x 124 250D,190d 2.5
I also have been looking on the internet for insurance. Last year I insured through Auto Direct which I found on the internet- £288.00. Mine being a bit awkward - SL modification - engine change. Most insurers wouldn't touch it - but I got quotes which ranged from £700 - down to £300 - so I think I have a good deal.

K

killwilly

I recently did the same exercise, my insurance is due for renewal on the 5th July. After trawling through the comparison websites I found that Mercedes Benz Insurance were the cheapest and the combined excess was only £100.

My new CLC cover with 9 years no claims discount is £250.27.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
also check the level of cover. as i need to be legally covered to drive any car in the event of an emergency (dad has MS, and i also have a very ill, disabled brother in law) i found that some companies (swiftcover in the case i had) do NOT offer third party insurance for other cars, even if your policy is comprehensive. i went with adrian flux in the end, as they offered third party cover for any car on a comprehensive policy, and were only £18 more than swiftcover. a small price to pay for peace of mind, i think.

just goes to show that 'comprehensive' policies arent always 'comprehensive' at all

Mr Teddy Bear

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 W208 CLK 230K SPORT: MG F 1.8VVC: Flame Red Rover 216GTi
It all depends on the level of service received after making a claim I would have stayed with my previous company for that reason, however they didn't want to cover business use. When I can dispense with that niggling etra I'll go back to them.

We all think that we're sensible drivers and not going to have an accident....................that's forgetting the increasing numbers of kamikazi idiots driving around looking for somewhere/some one to crash into!:(

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom