2 MAP Sensors difference? (Intake Air and Manifold) OM646

alchemist83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL203 C220 CDI 2006 (EVOLUTION S - AMG STYLING)
So recently replaced MAF complete with housing, air temp sensor and MAP sensor pre-fitted. When I ordered the MAF I couldn't tell if it came with a MAP sensor, so ordered 1 also. Now its a spare. I had a code at the time stating that charge boost pressure has an issue, which I previously thought resolved because when changing the MAF I found the turbo air pipe to it was very loose turbo side. Tightened the fitting and deleted the code. Has been fine since it seemed, but on recent checking after car being odd, the code is back.

My question is; are the Intake Air and Manifold MAP sensors the same? They look identical (the one in the MAF housing and the one near the manifold / egr area). I've had a good internet search and cannot really tell. I used the part numbers but still can come up the same when they ref OEM part number. But for instance Eurocarparts lists them differently / separately with different prices. If I can replace the Manifold one with the spare - supposedly Air Intake one that'd help.

Cheers

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
One is for barometric pressure, the other manifold pressure. They are likely set to measure different ranges. If the part numbers are different they won't be interchangeable, unless there has been a supercession of part number. Main dealer parts counter will be able to confirm

OP
A

alchemist83

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL203 C220 CDI 2006 (EVOLUTION S - AMG STYLING)
One is for barometric pressure, the other manifold pressure. They are likely set to measure different ranges. If the part numbers are different they won't be interchangeable, unless there has been a supercession of part number. Main dealer parts counter will be able to confirm

Well I looked and compared using Bosch Automotive catalogue and it seemed that it was as you said, a supercession of part numbers. So have literally just given it go and nope lols. Your correct, they obviously have different ranges. Limp mode was activated with engine light on also (1st time for me in this motor). So put the old one back. Still throws up code error, but at least no limp mode. Just bought some cleaner, so am gonna give the hose it connects to a good clean out and order a new MAP sensor. Cheers for the reply, was really puzzling me if they was the same, perhaps will help someone else in future :cool:

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom