2000 c200 Kompressor w203 Lambda sensor?

Nush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Kompressor
Hi guys, i recently got the engine management light on my c200, had it checked out (not by mercedes) by a diagnostic machine and it says lambda sensor before cat needs replacing. but the guy told me he will clear the fault and drive it around for abit see what happens, so i did. after one day the light popped back up again. so we had a look at the lambda sensor which was absolutely covered in oil?! so he cleaned it out and cleared the fault again. a week gone by everything was good and i was loveing my car and bam! the light is back again. i havent had it checked yet but my gut feeling is the lambda sensor is covered in oil again... i dont know what to do, even if i replace the lambda sensor whats stopping the oil getting to it again? is this suppose to be covered in oil? i got my MOT in a week and its not gonna pass probably because of emmision, so i need to get this sorted. any ideas?? thx for any help

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
Sorry to say, but you need a new engine loom and cam sensor, the cam sensor on your engine has filled the loom with oil,

5pares

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi
The looms can be repaired with solder,its labour intensive but cheaper than a loom.Theres also a modified connector for the cam sensor.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Yes add the blocker that plugs into the front of the engine amd that will stop anymore oil from getting in to the loom and ECU the lamp on ,may go away on its own,,do it now before too much driving, it plugs in in two mins

5pares

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi
Has anyone got the part number?i know it starts with 271....

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
not cam sensor, but cam electromagnet. loom often ok if rinsed out several times with brake cleaner before oxygen probe renewal - you may now need another o2 sensor!! fit the short loom as suggested and check all connectors including ecu for oil egress.

OP
N

Nush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Kompressor
new loom? :(( i only bought the damn car a month ago... how much is this gonna cost me?

FAO Televisin:
where can i find this blocker? is it easy to fit or do i have to take the car to a mechanic?

thanks for the replies guys, very helpful

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
part number A271 150 27 33 for the short loom. very easy to fit, just be careful how you remove the silver plastic cover, there is a tag at the bottom/middle, just pull slightly forwards before lifting. wash out the plugs a few times as said and you, sadly, may need a new o2 sensor but fingers crossed.........

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
part number A271 150 27 33 for the short loom. very easy to fit, just be careful how you remove the silver plastic cover, there is a tag at the bottom/middle, just pull slightly forwards before lifting. wash out the plugs a few times as said and you, sadly, may need a new o2 sensor but fingers crossed.........

On most the lamp does go out after a while and the performance is not affected

OP
N

Nush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Kompressor
Thanks alex, is it only mercedez benz that sells this part?

edit

merc website dnt show any results for that part number?

OP
N

Nush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Kompressor
On most the lamp does go out after a while and the performance is not affected

I dont know if its me or not i just feel a slight misfire when the light is on, and i think it uses more fuel

OP
N

Nush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Kompressor
Part: Starter line
Number: A271 150 27 33
Price: £16.77

Is this the right part?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Its hard to work out,,,with a contaminated O2 sensor,,it will weaken the mixture to try and correct the situation, this can cause a slight hesitation at times, and you may be using more throttle to counteract it.

It is because the O2 sensor has shifted that turns on the lamp,,in cases caught early they can go out again. We had cars during the contaminated petrol a while back, that did burn themselves clean

OP
N

Nush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Kompressor
well do u thinks this part A271 150 27 33 will be in stock in a normal merc dealership oh and a lambda sensor before cat? because it seems if i order them today it will take until monday - tuesday to be delivered, and i got my MOT ends on monday.

Also has any1 got a part number for a lambda sensor which is before the cat on w203 c class?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fit the blocker now and in stock . do not change the O2 lambda yet as you may not need it for the reason that have been said

OP
N

Nush

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200 Kompressor
Thanks, will give it ago tomorrow, would be helpful if there was a guide on how to locate it/ replace it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Lift the plastic top cover off,,right at the front of the engine at the top on the end of the rocker cover you will see a plug with a wire going into the loom,,,pull the plug off and you will see that it is oily. What you need is the " camshaft blocker plug" tell them it is a mopd kit to block the oil from going into the loom,,they cost around £35. you plug the blocker into the engine where you pulled th one off and plug the other end into the wiring plug that you pulled off

owenrich

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
slk
Thanks alex, is it only mercedez benz that sells this part?

edit

merc website dnt show any results for that part number?

Hi, MB starterline (oil blocker) MA271 150 27 33 £16.20 plus 15% vat. I bought this for my SLK (M111 engine) from local MB. I also bought a cam magnet (MA111 051 01 77) £30.60, three bolts (MN000912 006066) £0.98each & plug (MA111 997 01 86) £1.95, this is where the oil leaks from into the wiring loom. I fitted the lot very easily and now just have to repeatedly keep "washing" all the plugs & sockets from the loom. I have left the O.2 sensor (Bosch £70 on ebay) , which put the EM light on, to see if it clears itself. Apparently 3000 revs while standing for three minutes sometimes does the trick! I haven't tried this yet, a bit more "washing" first! Good luck. Owen.

wiltsandy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2001 230K SLK
I'd be surprised if the O2 sensor will clear itself to be honest. If that much oil has gone down the loom it will have gotten into the sensor and messed up the sensitivity.

I thought mine would clear but it didn't so I replaced the sensor with a universal one from Fleabay and have had no problems since. I re-used the old connector after cleaning it up.

I have also managed to clear the majority of the oil from the loom by using some tissue paper as a wick under the ECU plugs. After changing it every couple of days for a few weeks, there's now no oil at those plugs.

Top Bottom