2000 w220 no communication (can bus)

Karm63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220
2000 mercedes w220 can bus issue

Hey guys listen I got this 2000 mercedes w220 in limp mode 2nd after 1min of normal driving to verify my neighbors complaint Yes its stuck in limp mode along with fuel limeter so I tried to pull codes and there is a communication error! my scanner is a snap on solus pro with all the personality keys prompted by the scanner, and still no communication with any modules on the menu, so I tried global obd2 and a very slowly it comes back with po715 its has a 104k also on thee odometer there's 3 malfunctions abs/bas, electronic stability control, and coolant level,
Knowing I'm already changing the conductor plate and the brakes light switch, the tcm connector is dry. but I also knew I would need to clear codes after replacing those two items, ok so with out being able to access any of the vehicles modules directly ... I tried to think logically I know I'm having a communication issue with this vehicle, I noticed that some genius installed a double din Kenwood dvd player and simply unpluged all the radio connections and the fiber optic connection question 1) is this the likely cause of the issue with the no communication error? 2)if so is the only solution to replace with a compatible command or is the problem likely elsewhere. 3)will the solus pro be able connect to affected modules. Once Comm error is rectified
Thxs for reading! all replies appreciated
KARMIE,

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Thats a long sentence.

Get to a reputable MB indy with star who knows what they are doing. dont waste your time guessing.

OP
K

Karm63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220
Hello Ty, very much for speedy response
I appreciate your expertise, experience, and time. Would you happen to know if the can communication on a 00 Mercedes w220 is interrupted by missing command (stereo)
Regards,
Karmie

OP
K

Karm63

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W220
Hello guy's here's a follow up to my earlier post on this 00 w220 it was in limp mode along with no communication with my snap on solus pro, but global ob2 finally displayed po715 the vehicle had 4 malfunctions in the display one bas, and I pull the po715
So I replaced the conductor plate and it was still stuck in limp mode after reading up I noted the w220 is subject to water intrusion from clogged Reid valve drain which floods the cabin and this vehicle was from Alaska so I had to wade through all the kids toys and happy meals and nuggets n fries I pulled the rear Sam and checked for water intrusion I disconnected the battery 1st and the area under the rear seat was dry, the I checked the k-line splice under driver knee bolster cover
it had battery voltage which changed to reference voltage with koeo the bottom line was 0.74 normal but still no Comm with any modules so with battery disconnected I removed the ecu from right fuse box and removed the cover didn't find any corrosion so closed ecm and reinstalled it. After that I noticed 2 malfunctions instead of 4 but still no communication with my snap on solus pro.
So I removed the tcm connectors from left fuse box for 1/2 hour reinstalled the tcm took it around the corner to see if was reset and expected it to be the same but it wasn't in limp mode any more took it back still couldn't communicate with the snap on solus
On a wim I connected my C reader 431 and it communicated with the transmission I cleared the trans code and the srs had a code I cleared it also, the abs light is still iluminated do to short to power LF wheel speed sensor, it's being ordered. I'm not sure but it looks like the ecm is defective. all the other modules are being initialized. I've ordered the sds C4, I've delivered the vehicle back until the sds arrives...
Thank you so much Dave I appreciate your response

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom