2001 CLK W208 - O/s Driving lamp rubber collar

A

Angri

Hi chaps,

On giving my newly acquired CLK its first clean and kisses since I bought it last week, I noticed the rubber collar around the Driving lamp (the larger diameter 'headlamp') is 'standing off' the lamp exterior - (and will allow weather between the sealing collar and the lamp unit) .

Obviously - not a desirable situation - and I don't want to proddle around with a wire hook trying to relocate until I know what tI'm doing.

None of the rubber seal would appear to have perished, anywhere - and so I cannot determine why this 5" section isn't snug to the glass . . .

Has anyone experienced anything like this before - and - how should I reach the rubber housing to reseat / replace?

With many thanks

David

OP
A

Angri

Hi Malcolm,

Yup - that's the little darling - the '00' shaped moulding (piece #8) in the first diagram . . . . .
Если вы видите данное сообщение, значит система не может показать информацию по коду: gmbA2088260280

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You may have to remove the front bumper to do this, I can give you that info

OP
A

Angri

Many thanks Malcolm - - - - - - I knew that it was never going to be totally as straightforward as 'pull out and push back in! :-o - though I guess I'm relieved it doesn't involve anything more complicated than bumper removal (he typed with his most optimistic fingers . . . . )

I'd appreciate the info thanks . . . .

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Then I need an Email address please, either pop it in your signature or put it up here where you can delete it later

OP
A

Angri

Last edited by a moderator:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I have sent it,,if you need the front wheel arch liner removing details just ask,,

OP
A

Angri

I have sent it,,if you need the front wheel arch liner removing details just ask,,

Malcolm - - that's great thank you . . If I could have those front wheel arch liner removing details as well - - then I'll have absolutely no excuse whatsoever for not doing a proper job!:)

Sincere thanks old bean!

David

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You do not need that info and I have sent the headlamp removing details instead

OP
A

Angri

Hi Malcolm,

Righty-ho - - - have been reading your first .pdf - - I now understand the process I think . .

and, again, many thanks . . am most grateful

David

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom