2001 Vito. Full beam

G

greg20

Hi,
I have a problem with the lights on my 2001 Vito. Full beam, side lights and fog lights work but the dip doesn’t. I have checked the bulbs and fuses and everything seems ok. The light on the dash indicates they should be working, but they are not.
Can anyone suggest anything else I could try before I have to take it to a garage?
Thanks for your help
Greg :confused:

Quick Silver

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R129 1990 SL 300..
Hi,
I have a problem with the lights on my 2001 Vito. Full beam, side lights and fog lights work but the dip doesn’t. I have checked the bulbs and fuses and everything seems ok. The light on the dash indicates they should be working, but they are not.
Can anyone suggest anything else I could try before I have to take it to a garage?
Thanks for your help
Greg :confused:[/QUOTE

It is most likely the combination switch ie light switch/wiper switch cost £113 to replace and is steering wheel off job but is easy to do,takes about 40 mins to do. I've had to replace this on more than one occasion on both mine the last time being 2 weeks ago .

Any problem with the dipped /full beam and front fog lights is usually down to the wear on the contacts of this switch .

The only tools needed is a set of torx bits ,allen wrench to remove steering wheel and a philips/crosshead screw driver.

Hope this helps.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom